Motoring Discussion > satnav apps for android Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 11

satnav apps for android - zookeeper
hi room,can anyone suggest a decent navaid for an android phone? im using the google maps one and its not very good
the volume isnt too clever and being told to exit a roundabout after ive already gone over it
doesnt fill me with confidence, are there any good ones out there does the panel know?
 satnav apps for android - Old Navy
Co-Pilot won the Auto Express reviews of Android navigation apps. I tried it but could not get the phones GPS to recognise it. The trusty TomTom rules supreme!

copilotlive.com/uk/
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 3 Oct 13 at 16:44
 satnav apps for android - Zero
>> hi room,can anyone suggest a decent navaid for an android phone? im using the
>> google maps one and its not very good

Try navfree.
 satnav apps for android - ....
I use Sygic, got two licences for the price of one last New Year. They have offers on from time to time.
Works fine as a SatNav though sound does not play well bluetoothing through a Parrot MKi9200. Need to set it to use the phone's speaker. Depends what you're looking for.
Thanks Zero. Navfree worked first time.
And then it crashed the phone, good job it was only going to be a backup for the TomTom. Now uninstalled and the phone is fine.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 3 Oct 13 at 18:39
oh well, it cost you nowt.
 satnav apps for android - Crankcase
You could try Waze. Bit unusual but those that love it love it.
I have tried, dont like it, but as you say, its a marmite application.
 satnav apps for android - Crankcase
There's also N drive, which I have on the iPhone. There seems to be an Android version, no idea if its free as it was when I got it, but it's not bad.
 satnav apps for android - zookeeper
ive just installed navfree il give it a go tomorrow see how it goes
 satnav apps for android - ....
Forgot to add you can download Sygic and use it for free for a week I think it is. Try before you buy.
Latest Forum Posts