Motoring Discussion > Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: slowdown avenue Replies: 14

Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - slowdown avenue
last night at 6pm in long traffic que, when bang. hit in rear. jump out, taxi driver gets out , with his phone in his hand and ear plugs in. You were on the phone it's still in your hand. NO,NO, NO, Me taxi driver for ten years and never drive and phone.
i ask his passenger , who says no he wasn't on phone. a very attractive young girl. me thinks thats it he must have been ogling her, because he wasn't looking ahead .
no real visible damage. he says i am sorry ok a few times. well ok i'llget it checked.
Inspection shows very light scratching to bumper very slight crease to floor very slight split in seams. and bumper would have to come off to properly see the damage [ at a charge]
really if i had reversed into something i just wouldnt be bothered.
but his saying sorry just dosn't really soothe me.
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - VxFan
You say "rearended again"

I presume the damage that you're mentioning wasn't fully or partially caused by the previous shunt up the rear?
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - No FM2R
If there is material damage, caused by him, then you should claim against him.

If there isn't really any damage and he apologised for his mistake, and you're just feeling bitchy, then get over it, I'm sure you've made an error or two in your time.
no this is fresh damage
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Dog
Reminds me of when I was driving down Wardour St. W.1. on my Lambretta SX 200, and a black cab turned right into Old Compton St. knocking me orf said lethal con-traption.

And ... he tried to pin the blame on ME.

Going back a bit though - c1970, no crash helmet, just a corduroy Donovan (type) cap.

Peace man.
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Manatee
Creased floor, split seams, claim from him.
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Zero
>> Creased floor, split seams,

Future rust, possible tracking problems, water ingress, electrical issues, value of car reduced.

>> claim from him.

Absolutely.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 11 Oct 13 at 07:31
rang the taxi driver and told him the news. he said i'll come round. and guess what,
he did not the usual, it was my brother or hes had to go back home
took car to his garage and the panel beater said £180 ,don't bother with minor work to bumper. so i settled on give me £90 in a full settlement. just need somebody to proper hit me in rear next time
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Dieselboy
I'm not sure I understand all that. Are you saying a dodgy panel beater from a dodgy garage that this dodgy bloke uses has looked at your car and said it'll cost £180 to dodgily repair, but you said nah, just give me £90?

Okaaaay.
just not worth all the hassle. no real visible damage. rather it hadn't occured. but at least i got some recompence
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - -
Let me get this right.

Taxi bod hits you up the back hard enough to cause underbody damage, and you willingly took the car to his brothers/dads/mates/cohorts back street bodyshop, where presumably they gaffer tape bent mini cabs together.

That would have been the very last place on earth my car would have gone.
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Victorbox
Is it April 1st or am I dreaming!? Real cost of this serious structural damage is at least several hundred pounds and you've accepted £90?
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Oldgit
There are some idiots involved here and far be it to start naming them! First of all report the accident to your insurers and there appears more than light superficial damage here. Get a 'proper' estimated from a Vauxhall repairer or from the insurer's recommended one as no doubt an estimator will need to see the damage.
You sound on very dodgy ground dealing with a lot of what to appear to be dodgy people.

As as someone famously said "You cannot be serious."
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - MD
You are wasting our time SDA.
 Vauxhall Agila A - rearended again - Avant
"I ask his passenger , who says no he wasn't on phone. a very attractive young girl..."

She was saving her own skin, quite understandably. No-one, least of all a vulnerable young girl, wans to be alone in a car with an angry taxi-driver whom you've just witnessed against.

Doubtless he was on the phone and not paying attention.
Latest Forum Posts