Motoring Discussion > Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain?
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 5

Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain? - Roger.
tinyurl.com/k5mb9h4
 Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain? - RattleandSmoke
Not a bad price but i20s have always been sold at a discount. My dad got around £2.5k of his i10 without even trying.

That engine though might be a bit underpowered in the i20, I don't know where they get their claimed BHP figures from but it certainly seems to lack low down torque. I would imagine plenty of gear changes would be needed in the i20.

Still its chain cam etc, my dads has done 11,000 now and no issues at all. The interior is looking scruffy but it is virtually used a van.
 Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain? - Focusless
Note that the deal in the link (£7495) has now expired and it's £7995 (which might still be good value, I don't know).
 Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain? - Focusless
BTW Drivethedeal are offering them at £7335 OTR conditional on taking out 36 month PCP finance at 5.9% APR. Otherwise it's £7635 (if I've read it correctly).
www.drivethedeal.com/
Last edited by: Focusless on Fri 11 Oct 13 at 20:12
 Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain? - R.P.
Simple one that - sign up to the deal - get the car - use your rights under the Consumer Credit Act to cancel the finance arrangement and pay cash for it. Bargain.
 Hyundai i20 - Might be a bargain? - Auristocrat
We have a 2012 i20 1.2, and the 77bhp engine doesn't feel under powered or require plenty of gear changes. The car feels as lively as the 1.4 Mazda 2 it replaced, plus has a far better ride due to not having 45 profile tyres.
The facelifted i20 also shares the same engine as the Kia Rio, which now produces 84bhp.
Both the Honest John review and Which? said the 1.4 i20 wasn't worth buying over the 1.2 - only slightly better performance and slightly worse economy.
Nil road tax for the first year, £30 thereafter
Latest Forum Posts