Motoring Discussion > RTCs noticed locally. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 2

RTCs noticed locally. - henry k
I may have a false impression but there seems to be an increase in road side "furniture" being hit /destroyed in many locations.
Three in the last days in my area.

A bus shelter and bus stop damaged. Best guess was gas not brakes applied when exiting from a very minor road opposite.

Pedestrian guard rails flattened on a mini roundabout . Vehicle turning 90 degrees right but far too fast ?

The oddest one in my area is on the A308 Hampton Court Road going West from the palace. To all intents a straight road with no side roads near the site and a 30MPH limit . From the missing very expensive fence sections and the bent stub of a large steel lamp post the vehicle appears to have been going west. The vehicle would have crossed over the road mounted a curb and a secondary higher curb gone up an expensive smooth stone clad 45 degree ramp several feet high before it hit the fence.
I can only guess that serious excess speed was involved.
 RTCs noticed locally. - Old Navy
A few days ago a young lad in a Corsa, what else, :-) turned left towards me at a mini roundabout I was approaching. Too fast was my instant assessment, he did not straighten up quickly enough, clipped the kerb with his NSF wheel hard enough to produce sparks, and continued on his merry, rapid way. What chance he will check the tyre and tracking ?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 14 Oct 13 at 15:49
 RTCs noticed locally. - Alanovich
At these crossroads ( goo.gl/maps/T1Tbp ) yesterday morning, about 9am I think, I passed the aftermath of an accident, at the scene of which ambulance and police were still in attendance, in which a Transit van had gone through the wall/hedge and impacted the large tree in someone's front garden at 11 o'clock in the google map picture, airbag deployed, and also a Ford Focus was imbedded in the other huge tree at 2 o'clock in the picture. Airbags and that all gone off, bits of front of the car all over the road.

Wet roads, poor light, probably someone suffering from the ill effects of Saturday night I expect........
Latest Forum Posts