Motoring Discussion > Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fenlander Replies: 5

Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. - Fenlander
Mrs F's 2006 C3 has been with us almost four years and has provided good basic motoring as a second car. Been a bit busy of late and deferred a service until I'd seen what the MOT bought up. Oops...

Needs front discs/pads, rear brake clean and possibly shoes to bring balance in line, front lower arm balljoint, complete exhaust and a bulb.

Completed the all filters service, discs/pads, brake fluid change and ball joint today. Exhaust and the rest tomorrow.

In truth for almost a year I've been hoping she'd swap it for a Golf or similar so rather took my eye off the ball.

Oh well it keeps you hand in.
 Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. - Zero
I had trolley jack action this week. Its been a rough one, my mother is in hospital, called out the emergency paramedics to her last wednesday, and Mad aunty Jean in Hereford karked it.

So what does the ever reliable Lancer add to the mix? A ruddy puncture of course. Big one too, TWO pozidrive screws through the offside rear. Fortunately both rears were due for change prior to Febs MOT, so two more Rain Experts thrown on.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 31 Oct 13 at 21:41
 Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. - BobbyG
Hope mother is fine - experienced similar with my dad, Fri 13th, a phone call to my house in the morning from him just saying Help and then phone went dead!
Queue 999 calls, race from my house to his, diagnosed full blown pneumonia, touch and go but now back home!

Taking the speed bumps in his road at 55mph I think was what killed the Altea off.......
 Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. - Zero
My missus (a nurse) first tried the new emergency 111 service. I can't tell you how monumentally useless that turned out to be, so 999 it was. And of course they were superb, and told me I was justified in calling them out.

Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. - BobbyG
My missus (also a nurse) also rushed to dads in her car - raced in the front door and slammed it before she had removed her hand!!

So while paramedic was hooking dad up to a load of tubes and monitors, I was using some bandages to wrap the missus' hand!

But brilliant service from 999 team through to every professional he had dealings with in the NHS hospital. He was even happy with the food!

[Oh and NHS ambulances don't have a wide enough wheelbase to go over speed bumps without the patient being jolted about]
 Citroen C3 - MOT prompts trolley jack action. - Old Navy
>> [Oh and NHS ambulances don't have a wide enough wheelbase to go over speed bumps
>> without the patient being jolted about]
>>

Although we have a speed bump obsessed council, the emergency vehicle routes around our hospital have speed "cushions" which can be straddled with a car. Pity our A&E has been shut.
Latest Forum Posts