Motoring Discussion > BMW i8 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 15

BMW i8 - No FM2R
www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/i/i8/2014/showroom/visualizer.html

I probably wouldn't pay the required and no doubt huge amount of money, but it is rather nice.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 25 May 14 at 20:42
 BMW i8 - Armel Coussine
A bit poncy for me. Charming no doubt, but what new expensive car isn't? You'd have to have tried them all.
 BMW i8 - Roger.
Drug dealer's car.
 BMW i8 - No FM2R
The nearest drug dealer to me drives a VW Polo.
 BMW i8 - Ted

Nearest one to me...50 yds or so, drives a Ferrari. When he's not doing bird !

Belongs to a mate of his...I had to larf when he effed the clutch up big time !
 BMW i8 - Manatee
Poncy website anyway. I could croak waiting for that to do something. Only car manufacturers seem to do that.

£100k.
 BMW i8 - ToMoCo
Saw one up close some weeks back, stunning! Both inside and out.
 BMW i8 - Alanovich
I don't see any indicators on it.
 BMW i8 - Dog
Probably semaphore: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trafficator.jpg
 BMW i8 - movilogo
BMW has introduced it to make owners of 1/3/5/7 series feel how "value for money" their otherwise overpriced car is :o)

In other words, this model is a decoy to sell lower priced models.
Last edited by: movilogo on Tue 27 May 14 at 11:42
 BMW i8 - Focusless
First I heard of it was in the PGA golf TV coverage at the weekend - there was one near the tee where it was being given away as the prize for a hole in one. Thought it looked nice.
 BMW i8 - Slightlyfatdirector
Saw one up close in a showroom in Munich at the beginning of last month. Looks stunning.

I think that the majority of us will never own one, nor have found it on their 'wish-list' but it is nice to see concepts making it to actual production.

Jaguar take note I would (regrettably) say.....
 BMW i8 - Focusless
www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/i/i8/2014/showroom/drive.html

The electric drive, a powerful 96 kW (131 hp) motor, is located on the front axle. In contrast, the rear axle is driven by a powerful BMW TwinPower Turbo 1.5-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine with 170 kW (231 hp) of peak performance and up to 320 Nm of torque; combined with the electrical boost of the hybrid system, it guarantees typical BMW driving pleasure. These two drive systems combine to accelerate the BMW i8 from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.4 seconds – with fuel consumption of just 2.1 l per 100 km CO2 emissions of 49 g/km.
 BMW i8 - Focusless
>> with fuel consumption of just 2.1 l per 100 km CO2 emissions of 49 g/km.

= 134 mpg!
(according to www.calculateme.com/cGasMileage/LitersPer100kmtoMPG-imperial.htm )
 BMW i8 - Armel Coussine
It certainly won't do 134mpg while being driven flat out. It will do it driven very slowly by a computer simulation thingy.

Still might be economical in normal use. But probably not worth the extra cost and complexity.
 BMW i8 - madf
I could not get into it, and if I did, could not get out...

Pass.
Latest Forum Posts