Motoring Discussion > Motors TV & tuning TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 13

Motors TV & tuning TV - henry k
I have now had a look at Motors TV on Freeview channel 71.

www.motorstv.com/?country=uk

I found it interesting to see the wide coverage of motoring events around the world.
Something to dip into over Christmas ?

The only real problem is where can I view it at home ?
Retuned the main TV on ( Freeview ) and there it was
Retuned the old video recorder on the same aerial but it was not found.

Retuned the other TV and same model recorder in another room on a different aerial but not found.

Why is just on TV finding the channel and other devices failing to ?
I thought digital was the answer to everything :-)
So as SWMBO commands the main TV, I am after all that effort reduced to off peak viewing of Motors TV.

Motors TV & tuning TV - Focusless
Only available if you've got a Freeview HD tuner, I believe. We can get it on the main HD set in the lounge, but not on the standard Freeview set in the kitchen.
www.motorstv.com/motors-tv-now-available-on-freeviewyouview-channel-71
 Motors TV & tuning TV - Old Navy
I had a similar problem with a couple of channels missing on older recievers before the analogue switch off but now the transmitter power has been increased all my receivers pick up all the standard channels. The only difference being the HD channels.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 16 Dec 14 at 13:05
Thanks for the answer. Yes Freeview HD is only on the main TV.
I should have RTFM.
It is a bit odd though, and perhaps unique? SD channel only available on HD tuner. No doubt there's a good technical reason.
 Motors TV & tuning TV - Stuartli
Might be worth re-tuning again. I have a Panasonic TV with both Freeview and Freesat HD tuners (one of the first to do so) and there have been at least two Freeview re-tune on-screen messages in the past fortnight or so.

I had Motors TV on Channels 71 and 240 (can't use the latter as the TV is a year too old to be compatible with the Internet service in this case), but Channel 71 disappeared for no apparent reason.

Did a re-tune and Channel 71 is now back with the coverage of Motors TV.
 Motors TV & tuning TV - rtj70
It might be a standard definition broadcast but it uses the newer CODEC that came with Freeview HD. No Freeview HD means no Motors TV. I bet you don't get some other channels as well.

www.motorstv.com/motors-tv-now-available-on-freeviewyouview-channel-71
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 16 Dec 14 at 19:36
 Motors TV & tuning TV - Slidingpillar
For those that need to make manual selections, it's a DVB-T2 channel. As far as I know, it's the only SD channel to use this form of encoding, although it is possible that Jewellery Maker (chan 64) also uses this since both are on the Com 7 mux and the rest of the occupants are HD channels. (I could work out the truth if I manually retuned my PVR but since this would lose my programming, no way am I doing it).
Al Jazeera English might be on the same mux too. Not sure if it's HD, SD or both. Roger would know as I am sure he watches this channel :-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 16 Dec 14 at 21:21
 Motors TV & tuning TV - Stuartli
>> Al Jazeera English might be on the same mux too. Not sure if it's HD, SD or both. Roger would know as I am sure he watches this channel :-)>>

The HD channel is 108 and SD 133. The Arabic channel is 134.
>> I have a Panasonic TV with both Freeview and Freesat HD tuners
Our Panasonic is the same.
It was on this forum that I saw that CH 71 was now in existence.
SWMBO commands the Panasonic so I do not usually see the " new channels " messages.
I was doing my re-tune all round when I remembered CH71.

My quick viewing over the last couple of days indicated repeat programmes.
One snippet showed an " Excuse school classes" chitty as the 18 year old was off to race in and win a top NASCAR race. Not just F! that has very young drivers.
Should this even be in the motoring section? It's Freeview related.
 Motors TV & tuning TV - martint123
These are on the same DVB-T2 mux up here in Belmont-land. Slightly more elderly TV's won't have T2 tuners. T2 has the advantage to broadcasters of squeezing more channels into the available space - until they are HD and then they expand again!

71 Motors TV, 106 BBC Four HD, 107 BBC News HD, 108 Al Jazeera HD, 109 Community Channel HD, 110 Channel 4+1 HD, 111 4seven HD, 124 CBeebies HD, 134 Al Jazeera Arabic, 64 Jewellery Maker,
Latest Forum Posts