Motoring Discussion > Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Servelan Replies: 16

Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - Servelan
Possible purchase of a 'spare' car but nothing certain yet. Test drove a very tidy and seemingly cared for 2002 CR V. Drove well, 95k, full history in terms of stamps in service book which is not as good as receipts. However the clutch was very heavy which surprised me. Am I correct in assuming this is not typical and it indicates the clutch is nearing the end of its life? If anyone has driven or owned a similar CR V and could advise it would be appreciated. By the way, I am a long-time lurker to this forum! Thank you in advance.
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - Duncan
Where have you been?

We have been so worried about you!
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - Dog
>>Where have you been?

Ask Orac.
I am here most days, just that I don't often post. I really should make more of an effort though.
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - Manatee
It shouldn't be heavy (I had a diesel manual, but I can't see the petrol clutch being heavier) but it depends where you start from.

I have driven small cars (most recently a Mitubishi Colt) with a clutch so light that anyone habituated to it would think most others heavy.
Okay, it felt very heavy, much heavier than the old Astra diesel we have for example. Difficult to describe I accept, but you certainly noticed the weight.
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - No FM2R
If I didn't like the clutch, I;d walk away from the car.

If you do like the car, then there must be someone in your area selling another - some dealer, some auction house, some private guy. Even if you don;t like the deal or have some reason for not wanting to buy, you can still give the clutch a push and see how it feels.
Thanks FM2R, that is a very good idea. There are a couple close by, older but would be a good test.
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - R.P.
I drove a much abused CRV of this vintage. The clutch and gear-change were as light as a feather.
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - madf
I test drove a CRV.. Clutch was as light as Yaris.

It's Jannered..
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - sherlock47

>>
>> It's Jannered..
>>

had to read it twice before the penny dropped. :)

all your own work?
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - No FM2R
>> It's Jannered..
>>
>
>had to read it twice before the penny dropped. :)

Give us a clue......
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - Pat
Greville....

Pat
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - Old Navy
Janner is also a regional nickname.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 17 Apr 15 at 17:52
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - madf
I referred of course to the non prosecuted Lord of the same name who the CPS is not going to try for paedophilia.. despite him attending the House Of Lords until he was charged...so it's either a sudden onset or the HOL is full of decrepit old codgers who are non compos mentis...
I will pass on this one, although otherwise okay, there are plenty out there that I can be choosy. It might be a cheap purchase, but I don't want to buy one with an obvious problem. Thank you for your advice.
 Honda CR-V II - Honda CR V Heavy Clutch? - sherlock47
FM2R

>> >> It's Jannered..
>> >>
>> >
>> >had to read it twice before the penny dropped. :)
>>
>> Give us a clue......
>>

FM2R

I hope it is now totally clear with the additional clues you have been given:)

Maybe it will enter the swear word filter at some point in the future.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Sat 18 Apr 15 at 21:15
Latest Forum Posts