Motoring Discussion > New scam on the go Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Stuartli Replies: 5

New scam on the go - Stuartli
Never one to miss a trick, the scam merchants are at it again it appears, this time over the VED disk changes:

tinyurl.com/mrbuvqr
 New scam on the go - Ted
I have an appointment with the bank on Thursday to arrange a second current account. I usually keep a grand in our joint account but I'm concerned about using it for ' one off ' on line transactions.

An account with about a hundred quid in it at any time will restrict anyone using my details...including my security code. I buy stuff costing just a few quid from all sorts of places.....last one was some sticky dashboard pads at uner £3.00. I don't know the firm or their reputation but it only takes one staff member to be tempted. Maybe I'm over-cautious ?

Asian woman rang last week with the old computer faulty scam. I wound her up so much that her last words to me before slamming the phone down were ' You're a **** and a criminal ' HaHa !
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 29 Apr 15 at 10:20
 New scam on the go - Fenlander
>>>I buy stuff costing just a few quid from all sorts of places.....last one was some sticky dashboard pads at uner £3.00. I don't know the firm or their reputation but it only takes one staff member to be tempted. Maybe I'm over-cautious ?

I buy loads of similar stuff and always from Ebay with a Paypal payment as it means your bank account isn't involved...from the seller's perspective they just get paid they never see any bank or Paypal details that with bank or credit card you have to trust they won't misuse.
 New scam on the go - WillDeBeest
No story here. Take out the specifics and it's unsolicited email offering money in exchange for a click on a link. Familiar? Good. Banks, government agencies and the like simply don't work this way.
 New scam on the go - Stuartli
>>No story here.>>

Yes, for the majority of people. But even if only a tiny number of people fall for it - and it does happen - then it is clearly worth the while of these scum bags.

Lancashire Police, in fact, recently issued a warning about scams of various kinds as people had been caught out, even though most of us are surprised that that is the case.
 New scam on the go - No FM2R
Some people still fall for the visiting utility man who needs the occupier to try taps, wave lights or whatever as he rifles their drawers despite 50 years of warnings.

Given that, I guess there's no hope of warning them about internet scams.
Latest Forum Posts