Motoring Discussion > Highest number of theory / driving test failures Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 2

Highest number of theory / driving test failures - henry k
tinyurl.com/od7ewqq

( Wail warning)

It keeps them busy and off the road :-)
 Highest number of theory / driving test failures - Ian (Cape Town)
Surely common sense instead of warped sense of entitlement should kick in somewhere?
"sorry, I hate to tell you this, but you are rubbish at driving, and you can't have another go." After a dozen or so attempts at it.
Driving a motor car isn't a basic human right. You are either competent, or you ain't.
The test is there for a reason - are you good enough to be on the roads with everyone else. A worst-case scenario is for Mr Stole-on-Trent, on his 30th test, to get everything right because he got a window of good traffic, and then the next day to be faced with something a little out of the ordinary... and panic.
Or Mrs Londo to come across an obscure roadsign she doesn't know (it happens to me occasionally) and have a wobble.
 Highest number of theory / driving test failures - RattleandSmoke
I had to my theory twice because I first passed it in 2003 getting 100% on the first attempt but then there were a lot of problems at home so I was in no frame of mind to sit a practical. I cancelled it and then life got in the way.

I finally passed my test when I took up driving again 2008 passing both tests first time. There is always an element of luck in the practical, I passed first time but I still put it down to luck. I ended up in a wrong lane etc but I still passed because I didn't panic and safely correct my error. I got four minors in the end.

I've always found most exams quite easy, I generally find studying easy but I know many people do not and I can see how people may fail it a couple of times, however to me the theory test is by far the easiest test I have ever had to do, with the practical being one of the hardest. I fail to understand how you can fail it so many times?

Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Sun 10 May 15 at 11:51
Latest Forum Posts