Motoring Discussion > Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 6

Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - Falkirk Bairn
tinyurl.com/q99awyq

You will need deep pockets
 Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - Cliff Pope
Wow. I've never really felt the urge to collect vast numbers of things of one theme, I'd rather have a mixed collection of all kinds and in all sorts of state of repair.

I've had one cheap tractor for thirty years. It was totally unrestored, shabby but in working order when I got it (£50), and still, at 65 years old, it just keeps on going. I don't want to restore it and keep it with dozens of its fellows in a special barn - it just lives in a dilapidated shed and occasionally I start it up when there's a job to do.
 Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - Mike Hannon
Some years ago I came across an old chap out near the Atlantic in the Medoc, beyond Bordeaux, with fields full of rusting tractor hulks (including at least one Austin) and several barns full of restored and original ones. After chatting to him and being shown around he confided that he also made 'tractor' wine and sold me a bottle. I don't dare open it now.
It's a shame this site still doesn't have a simple picture-sharing system or I'd give you a laugh with the label.
 Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - Dog
>>It's a shame this site still doesn't have a simple picture-sharing system

je suis d'accord.
 Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - Aretas
Maybe you can get yourself a cheap Porsche, assuming there is one in the collection.
 Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - Harleyman
>> Maybe you can get yourself a cheap Porsche, assuming there is one in the collection.
>>

Chap local to me has one; very stylish.

Whilst I salute Mr.Rackham for preserving all these tractors, I shudder at the "better-than-they -left-the-factory" standards of restoration. That sort of thing leaves me cold; I much prefer to see the battle-scars of a lifetime's usage.
 Fancy buying a old & restored tractor or 2? - henry k
Your choice - more photos
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3234789/One-farmer-owner-Collector-set-rake-2m-putting-collection-230-vintage-tractors-auction.html
A pleasant interview with owner
news.sky.com/story/1553132/for-sale-2m-collection-of-farm-tractors
Latest Forum Posts