Motoring Discussion > Hyundai - Hyundai i10
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 25

Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Bobby
My flabber was gasted when I discovered a friend's brand new Hyundai i10 has no lights on warning buzzer or timeout setting!

It does have heated mirrors, ipod connection, air con etc but no warning buzzer when you leave the lights on!

Backwards step??
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - WillDeBeest
Does it just turn the lights off with the ignition? That's what my BMW does, as did the Volvo and the Saabs before that. No buzzer required. Much more sensible design; who ever needs to leave the headlights on in an empty car?
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Fri 15 Apr 16 at 11:34
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - sooty123
I know some cars have them on a timer. The thinking that it illuminates the path to your door.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Fri 15 Apr 16 at 11:56
That function usually requires manual activation - the Saabs did it with a pull of the main beam stalk after removing the key.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Runfer D'Hills
My car does that without intervention. Gives you enough time to get out, lock it, walk to the front door and get into the house before it switches the headlights off. Handy enough feature.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Alanovich
Follow me home lighting is a useless feature for proper drivers, who reverse in to their drives.
Unless of course they have proper houses where you can turn the car around in the drive, preferably by using the ornamental pond as a roundabout...

Sniff...

;-)
You don't park your own car, do you, Humph? Isn't it the Third Footman's job to put it away when the Master returns home?
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Clk Sec
I believe he even mows his own lawn...
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Old Navy
>> I believe he even mows his own lawn...
>>

Pseudo posh, even the LEC is a works van in disguise. :-)
>> Isn't it the Third Footman's job

We had to let him go. He brought the car round dirty twice last year, failed to keep the cup holder full of mint imperials and we also strongly suspect he had a sideline in selling fish from the trout lake.

;-)
>> >> trout lake.

Ornamental pond, no?

;-)
One is at the front, the other is in the grinds.

;-)
>> One is at the front, the other is in the grinds.
>>

BBD might be tempted to say, "It certainly is".
Ornamental ponds? Eugh, how, erm, Cheshire..............

;-)
Last edited by: Alanović on Fri 15 Apr 16 at 12:21
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Auristocrat
On our 2012 Hyundai i20 and our 2015 i20, the lights are turned off when the ignition is turned off - so one cannot leave the lights on. The same will be true of the i10.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Dulwich Estate II
A family member has not long acquired a nearly new i10.

In my view a surprisingly neat, comfortable, useful car with a quality feel. No wonder it was City Car of the Year 2015. It was even quiet and smooth on a 15 mile motorway bash when I got lift in it last week.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - mikeyb
Friends have just bought one - its a second run around car and also for the eldest to use when he passes his test. I'm sure they said it was cheapest option to insure for him
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Bobby
>>The same will be true of the i10.

no its not.
Switch lights on, turn off ignition, exit car, lock car, walk away and lights stay on. No timer. No follow-me-home lights. Still on 5 mins later when I gave up trying to prove that my pal was wrong!
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Manatee
The bonger must be bust then:)
It's never good when that happens.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Harleyman
>> The bonger must be bust then:)
>>

The one on our 59 plate i10 has always worked intermittently.

Fortunately, myself and Mrs HM being lorry driver and bus driver by trade respectively, we have eyesight tests to keep our licences and don't need audible reminders to notice that our lights are switched on. ;-)
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Aretas
Our i10 switches its lights off when the ignition is switched off.
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - Ambo
I am nervous of trying this with our i10, after an experience with an i30, but is seems you can't take for granted that all the lights will go off if the ignition key is withdrawn. The i30 had an illuminated vanity mirror on the passenger side, with a concealing flap. Mrs. Ambo used this and closed the flap but leaving the switch on. The RAC man called out to deal with the flattened battery went straight to the fault and said it was one found in many modern cars.

Incidentally, I wonder if the quick boil up these fellows administer was to blame for a total battery failure a couple of weeks later (a month after the guarantee expired).
 Hyundai - Hyundai i10 - VxFan
>> The i30 had an illuminated vanity mirror on the passenger side, with a concealing flap. Mrs. Ambo used this and closed the flap but leaving the switch on.

The ones that Vauxhall fit automatically switch off the light when the flap is closed. Have done for years now. I'm surprised other cars haven't got a similar system in place.
Perhaps Narcissus would drive a Vauxhall, then.
Latest Forum Posts