Motoring Discussion > Is it me? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 5

Is it me? - Old Navy
Having looked at a few dashcam clips on the tube, is it me or do some of the drivers seem to show a total lack of anticipation? One example was a sharp urban bend, a van pulled our of a junction out of sight and would have made the decision to move before he could see the car with the camera. Is all the horn blowing really necessary?
 Is it me? - nice but dim
I often suspect the filmers make the situation look a whole lot worse.

One was on recently via social media of a lorry driver behind a erattic 4x4 driver. Lorry drive was filming and all of a sudden 4x4 brake tested the lorry and missed collision by mm's. I know lorries carry 44t on their tyres but the 4x4 was just above the windscreen view, saying to me lorry was too close to safely stop be it an idiot driver or pedestrian.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76BjAB9sDE

Is it me? - WillDeBeest
Well, if you were to draw a Venn diagram showing the sets Self-Regarding Tø$$ers, Drivers Who Overuse the Horn, and People Who Post Dashcam Videos online, do you think there'd be many intersections, or just three concentric circles?
 Is it me? - Old Navy
Many seem to drive into and become part of a problem, then get irate because it must be everyone else's fault. Dashcam induced idiocy?
 Is it me? - sooty123
Dashcam induced idiocy?
>>

I don't think so, they've always been about we just see them more because they can upload their driving onto the internet.
 Is it me? - Stuartli
I bet any dash cam user who's at fault in any accident or makes a stupid error doesn't preserve the video evidence moments.....
Latest Forum Posts