Motoring Discussion > McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 8

McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - Falkirk Bairn
preview.tinyurl.com/zjgvzcb

Crashed car10 minutes after taking delivery!

Fast car + ordinary punter = £215,000 insurance headache
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - Manatee
I see he "ploughed" into the tree. Handy for the reporter who might otherwise have had to find a new word.
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - Robin O'Reliant
I've already started a thread on that.

*sniff*
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - legacylad
I simply cannot understand why anyone would want to own such a car in the UK. If you need to exhibit your wealth in such a way then you are a proper saddo. I can understand wealthy folks driving around in Bentleys & Rollers...plenty of rich people in my part of the world in their £70k Range Rovers.
If I had £250k sitting in the bank, probably nowt to some folks, a second hand C63 estate would more than exceed my practical/ performance requirements. A pal of mine recently bought a MB A45 AMG. Slightly used. Practical with 5 doors. 4WD. 380 horses. Stupid fast. Much safer for us mere mortals to punt down the average B road without disappearing into the scenery.
Seriously, I am not jealous at all. Almost the opposite.
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - Ted

I'm with LL. I can think of much better cars to suit my lifestyle...and trouser the difference.

Three lads killed here last week on our local main road. Audi S5...whatever that is....high speed collision with a wall and two parked cars at 0300 hrs. Driver of 17 yrs survived up to now. 5 on board.

Mummy and Daddy's money...no doubt.

Mad !
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - Bobby
My Lottery cars would be a Range Rover and Porsche 911.

However, there are many people out there who are absolutely dripping with money and they are willing to spend it on anything. The son of a colleague has his own detailing business. Has just had a £3k job from a Range Rover owner who lives in a £3m mansion but has no garage. More money than sense.
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - legacylad
Farmer? A few round here ( always crying the poor tale) with his n hers RRovers plus a Defender or two. No garage. Sheds full of livestock though.
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - CGNorwich
Is the expression " to plough in to" of RAF slang origin? Seems to me it's a fairly graphic description of a crash or very heavy landing.
 McLaren - 650s -latest score Tree 1 Car 0 - - Runfer D'Hills
You'd imagine he must have been giving it some welly before doing his ploughing. Combined with going off track of course.
Latest Forum Posts