Motoring Discussion > Family car hire Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 11

Family car hire - maltrap
Taking the family to Tenerife next year, which consists of 4 adults, 1 four year old & 1 one year old + baggage buggies etc. As i've never done this before i wondered what vehicle to look for. It's got to be 1 vehicle as only me wants to drive over there.
Thanks for any suggestions.
 Family car hire - WillDeBeest
Ask Neil about his brace of Alhambras. One will do for you - although with six seats in use you may need to pack light.
 Family car hire - CGNorwich
If you go to the CICAR website they show what types of vehicles they have and their capacities
I strongly recommend you use a local CO like CICAR and not the likes of Hertz
 Family car hire - neiltoo
We hired the SEAT from:
www.doyouspain.com/

we've also used these:
www.pluscar-tenerife.com/booking.php?lang=en
on Lanzarote.

On reflection, the Alhambra probably won't do.
The child and baby seats will have to be on the second row seats, which means one adult would have to be on the back row. Not comfortable I think, and then there won't be room for the luggage and baby stuff.
You will need something bigger.

HTH
Last edited by: neiltoo on Mon 9 May 16 at 15:52
 Family car hire - Falkirk Bairn
Looks like 2 cars & 2 drivers or 1 driver & 2 trips for each journey!
...something bigger

Does MB still offer the R350 CDI? That would be a beast of a holiday wagon. Might take some parking, though.
 Family car hire - Alastairw
VW Transporter/Caravellle would surely be the answer here
Or two more wieldy cars and someone else to person up and drive one of them.
 Family car hire - sooty123
Expensive i would have thought but cheaper than two cars ?
 Family car hire - stan10
One of my near neighbours has one of these ( i think - not really my scene ), and i don't really know them beyond nodding terms, so i'm guessing a bit, but -

VW Transporter van, with short windows towards the rear (Transporter Combi ?.) Come the weekends they load up with 2 adults, 3 kids, 5 mountain bikes, stacks of "picnic / camping stuff" and disappear until late Sunday night.

Seems a good bet to me, if you can hire one ?

(reply to Alistair)
Last edited by: stan10 on Mon 9 May 16 at 22:03
 Family car hire - John Boy
>> Does MB still offer the R350 CDI? That would be a beast of a holiday wagon. Might take some parking, though.

I saw a GLS for the first time yesterday in Sainsburys car park. The owner hadn't even tried to park it. It was set diagonally across 2 bays with some rear end left in the aisle behind.
 Family car hire - Bobby
Tenerife isn't that big, not going to be sitting in the car for hours at a time I would guess? And will only have luggage in it to and fro airport?
Alhambra should do surely?
Latest Forum Posts