Motoring Discussion > Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake Miscellaneous
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 8

Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - movilogo
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300211/Renault-recalls-66-000-British-cars-faulty-handbrake.html

What is the problem with providing traditional "hand" brake instead of these gizmos??

Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - Zero
I seem to recall VW's were recalled for handbrake problems, several times,

The normal lever and cable type handbrakes.

Whats wrong with providing the tradition chock rather than these new fangled gizmos.
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - Bagpuss
The handbrake lever on my Dad's Maxi once came off in his hand.
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - DP
Ours would have fallen into that build date range. In fairness, the electronic parking brake never gave a moment's trouble, and worked brilliantly.

I'm a bit confused by that article:

"Renault engineers investigated the cases and tracked the problem down to battery cables fitted incorrectly to the vehicle's Engine Control Unit (ECU) ."

Why would this cause a problem only after 4-6 years of use?

"Staff will re-program the ECU on the family vehicles to correct the potential fault free of charge."

How does that fix a cabling fault?
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - madf
It's a Renuault. What do you expect with Renault electrics?

Seriously.

A company with an unparalled 10 years of electric disasters built into every car...
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - Zero
Seriously, its a recall, its fixed for free, whats the problem?
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - Old Navy
>> How does that fix a cabling fault?
>>
Probably an engineer didnt get within a mile of the press release or the publicity chain.
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - Bellboy
It causes the handbrake to automatically come into action while the vehicle is in motion and could pose a serious threat to the safety of the car users.
 Renault Scenic - Recall for electronic parking brake - Runfer D'Hills
I was a passenger in a VW Passat on the Autostrada last year when the handbrake decided to come on. My Italian colleague was not amused. I now know how to swear quite fluently in Italian.
Latest Forum Posts