Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants
Thread Author: Tigger Replies: 18

Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Tigger
Hope nobody here's waiting for a new Golf.

www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/22/vw-suspends-production-at-six-german-plants-over-supplier-row-wh/
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Oldgit
Got my new one already! About 6 weeks ago walked into local showroom and enquired whether they had a Reflex Silver 1.4TSI BMT Golf Match Edition thinking full well that it would mean a 4 month plus factory order and found they had about 3 Match Editions in their system and then found my exact 'fit' in their car pound in protective wrapping. Bought it there and then.
The VW dissing keeps on running but somewhat abated now.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - madf

>> The VW dissing keeps on running but somewhat abated now.
>>

Yes Dieselgate never happened and VW service is better than everyone else.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - CGNorwich
Well I own one of the affected diesels and I have no problems. As far as I can see there has been no affect on second hand values and the five year old car with 60000 miles on the clock has had no problems whatsoever .

I always drove Fords before the Golf but In terms of build quality the VW is superior.

As far as the dealers are concerned I can only speak of Robinsons of Norwich from whom I bought the car.and who service it
They have always done a good job and are an efficient and decent lot.

They have nice coffee too.

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 24 Aug 16 at 14:07
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Old Navy
The editorial piece in this week's Auto Express is worth a read. An interesting view on the petrol and diesel situation. Also the view of of some Americans of VW.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Duncan
>> The editorial piece in this week's Auto Express is worth a read. An interesting view
>> on the petrol and diesel situation. Also the view of of some Americans of VW.
>>

No chance of a link, I suppose? For those of us either too poor to buy it, or too infirm to walk to the paper shop?
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Old Navy
>> No chance of a link, I suppose? For those of us either too poor to
>> buy it, or too infirm to walk to the paper shop?
>>

Or too lazy to type "Auto Express" ?

www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/96800/petrol-engines-will-kill-diesel-not-legislation
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - mikeyb
>> As far as the dealers are concerned I can only speak of Robinsons of Norwich
>> from whom I bought the car.and who service it
>> They have always done a good job and are an efficient and decent lot.
>>
>> They have nice coffee too.
>>

Having had several Audi's and a VW I would generally agree - the main dealer experience with both was better than my current Lexus experience. That's not to say the Lexus guys are bad, just that they are no better than average.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Dutchie
My only experience with VW was the 4 beetles I owned.

The Old man liked his Passats Audi and Golfs.

Criminal organisation in my opinion after the emission scandal.The bosses got away with murder as they say.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Bill Payer
>> Having had several Audi's and a VW I would generally agree - the main dealer
>> experience with both was better than my current Lexus experience. That's not to say the
>> Lexus guys are bad, just that they are no better than average.
>>
Blimey - I think that's the first time I've seen anything other than 100% praise for Lexus.

My experience of Audi, SEAT and VW dealers (so I assume it's a VAG thing) is that they were horrendous and their attempts to screw money out of me makes my MB dealer I use seem first class. The Golf is the only car in our family fleet that goes to an indie.

I did recently get my wife a Tiguan. Not sure why - moment of madness. Using a dealer I haven't been to before - at least with VW there's a lot of them to choose from, although in a given area they may all be part of the same group.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - Stuartli
It's remarkable how long the classy Reflex Silver has been available; my VW 1.6 petrol Bora from November 1999, replaced by the current 170 Sports Jetta, was in this colour and never looked anything but immaculate and clean whatever the weather.

I said a long time ago that the VW Dieselgate scandal, when it broke, would reveal plenty of examples from other manufacturers and was proved correct.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - No FM2R
>>I said a long time ago that.......

Really? Bit surprised you've not mentioned that before.
>> >>I said a long time ago that.......

>> Really? Bit surprised you've not mentioned that before.>>

You truly surprise me in turn.

But I do know you wouldn't miss the chance to make such a crass observation.

Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - No FM2R
Give me credit. I resisted it the last 7 times you made exactly the same statement.

I guess approval is important to some.
>>Give me credit. I resisted it the last 7 times you made exactly the same statement.

I guess approval is important to some. >>

Credit for what? You have merely made another crass statement. Seems you should have continued to resist your apparent disapproval rather than use a bean counter?

Perhaps you need to find something to do in your life that would prove of real value to mankind?

This, however, might prove of interest:

tinyurl.com/hyx8dbp
>> It's remarkable how long the classy Reflex Silver has been available; my VW 1.6 petrol
>> Bora from November 1999, replaced by the current 170 Sports Jetta, was in this colour
>> and never looked anything but immaculate and clean whatever the weather.
>>
>> I said a long time ago that the VW Dieselgate scandal, when it broke, would
>> reveal plenty of examples from other manufacturers and was proved correct.
>>

Yes, the classiest colour for most cars in my opinion of course contrasted with the dusty often shabby blacks and whites, reminiscent of white van fame.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - MD
OY! Nothing wrong with white vans 0:-)
>> OY! Nothing wrong with white vans 0:-)
>>

Indeed! Nothing wrong with vans painted white - but cars? Does help to reflect the sunlight in tropical countries, I suppose but hardly suitable for our s***ty climate.
 Volkswagen - Production stopped at 6 VW plants - tyrednemotional
...and now various Police forces have gone for more exotic colours, they're not even as good as they were for "spooking" speeders on the motorway.....

;-)
Latest Forum Posts