Motoring Discussion > Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 11

Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - BobbyG
Did anyone else see the program the other night on BBC1, not sure what it was called, but was about mayhem on the M6 one day in 2008?

Basically 2 Swedish twin sisters both ran across the motorway, one ended up under an HGV, the other bounced off a Polo. The one who bounced off the Polo then murdered someone the next day!!

Was all captured on camera as it was supposed to be part of the Motorway Cops program but all the filming had to be kept away until after court cases. However provided a fascinating insight into life with the traffic cops (and Highway Officers) and the sights that they must see, and have to deal with, on a regular occurrence.

If you haven't seen it, would suggest trying to watch it on iplayer if its there

found this on google - interesting exchange between Highway Officers and Traffic Police

national-pcsos.co.uk/h2phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4639

PS> Be careful if you google "Swedish Twins" ... :)
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - Dog
Ah, yes - I meant to watch that program ~

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tf1r4/Madness_in_the_Fast_Lane/
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - AnotherJohnH
Yes, I saw it and wondered about posting here.

Very disturbing to watch.

I did wonder if one of the things which had sparked the run into the traffic had been the confrontation with the "wombles" on the hard shoulder - the women had met police earlier in the day at the service station, been no great cause for concern, and left on amicable terms.

But at the point the police (with the TV camera in the car) arrived to join the women and the wombles on the hard shoulder, the women were quite paranoid about people in uniform not being police, and all hell broke loose.

Which goes no way towards explaining why the man who'd taken one of them in overnight was stabbed to death.

It's odd the way some people behave when unexpected things happen to them.

Perhaps Colin Fenton tried it on, and got stabbed for inappropriate attention?
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - Manatee
Who's Colin Fenton?
>>Very disturbing to watch.<<

*VERY* disturbing *AND* very upsetting, think twice before watching this program!
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - hobby
Don't think I'll bother then... they have already shown clips of the incident on another programme, including her running out into the traffic, so I think I've seen enough!
>> Who's Colin Fenton?

the good samaritan who was stabbed to death by one of the women.

Despite my best efforts there is still ambiguity in my posts..
Last edited by: AnotherJohnH on Thu 12 Aug 10 at 20:40
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - Manatee
>> >> Who's Colin Fenton?
>>
>> the good samaritan who was stabbed to death by one of the women.
>>
>> Despite my best efforts there is still ambiguity in my posts..
>>

I inferred that, but when I checked, his name was Glenn Hollinshead. I suppose you could say calling him Colin Fenton was ambiguous!
>> Despite my best efforts there is still ambiguity in my posts..

Not to mention the wrong name altogether.

I'm going to get some sleep, maybe that'll help.
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - Skoda
Wow, thanks for flagging this up Bobby it passed me by. Just watched on iPlayer.

What a bizarre turn of events. The human body's pretty resilient to survive being run over like that twice, then the bridge incident was incredible.

>> Perhaps Colin Fenton tried it on, and got stabbed for inappropriate attention?

I don't know, they seemed to present that he had gone out the kitchen to his neighbour who was washing the minibus for teabags was it? Then he'd gone back into the kitchen and 2 mins later stumbled out asking for the neighbour to look after his dog, he'd been severely stabbed.

She was filmed hitting herself on the head with the hammer a few mins later. Was the minibus driver wearing some kind of uniform? They seemed to trigger her on the motorway incident.
If she's up for parole next year, that's 3 years for killing a man.
 Mayhem on Motorway - TV Program - Statistical Outlier
She was found to be mentally ill and therefore not fully culpable for the killing. I'm sure if she's still a risk she will be sectioned on release. Prison is not a good place to care for the vulnerable who may be a significant risk to themselves and all around them.
Latest Forum Posts