Motoring Discussion > Another one! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 10

Another one! - Old Navy
tinyurl.com/hmyahpj
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 14 Mar 17 at 18:37
 Another one! - R.P.
Heard mention of it on the radio this morning, sounded a little grim
 Another one! - Old Navy
Bridge now open, trailer loaded with concrete blocks and removed. LHD lorry on foreign plates, sign reading language problem?
 Another one! - Manatee
I thought Dunfermline was a genteel place, well furnished by Andrew Carnegie, or am I misremembering that?

The local press have stories about Mums buying booze for their 15 year old daughters, banning teenage drug dealers from the town centre, and telling people it's not nice to carry knives.
 Another one! - Old Navy
Typical press over hype. A few teenage schoolkids getting a bit stroppy. The police will hasslle them for a while and they will soon get the message it is better to drink their can of beer somewhere unobtrusive than have a copper pour it down a drain and give their parents grief.
 Another one! - Bobby
Going by the skid mark (on the road), that was going on for a wee distance!
 Another one! - Pat
www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/lorry-driver-fined-and-banned-for-blocking-forth-road-bridge-1-4392536

Justice?

Pat
 Another one! - Manatee
I would rather the sheriff court had looked for a punishment that did not involve taking away the principal tool of the man's trade, at least for so long. He had already lost his job, presumably as a consequence of the event.
 Another one! - Pat
Yes, I need to say something delicately!

The firm involved has a reputation for 'pushing on'.

Pat
 Another one! - No FM2R
Perhaps the company should also have been penalised.

However, taking the article on face value, this guy deliberately ignored and drove past a sign telling him not to. He then crashed, thankfully with nobody underneath him.

Doesn't really sound like the level of responsibility and common sense we want in charge of a lorry.
 Another one! - Pat
I agree.

...but never forget the transport manager who will tell you it isn't windy where he is.

There are still some about.

Pat

Latest Forum Posts