Motoring Discussion > Justpark Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 3

Justpark - smokie
I feel I oughtn't be shouting about this as I doubt many use it, which is good for me,but Justpark is an app for parking on someone's drive.

I used it last week when going up to the Imperial War Museum. I parked on someone's drive for the day for £7.50, just outside the congestion zone and within walking distance to the museum. A lot cheaper than the local car parks and it was pre booked, so no contingency required. I've also used it twice when in Edinburgh for a week of the Fringe, where NCP parking would have been over £120 for the week and I think I paid about £40 tops for 7 days, albeit a two mile walk/bus out of town - ideal as I could just park it and leave it, although it was accessible if I wanted to go anywhere.

With the phone app you can just search for something near where you are now and it lets you know availability and cost.

At the London one I didn't ever speak to the owner of the spot, and payment was by PayPal - all very simple.

Recommended!
 Justpark - Crankcase
There's a similar thing for us electric car drivers - an app that allows people to find and use other people's home chargers when there's nothing else available.

All was great until some killjoy said "but what if" and then used hyperbolic words like "insurance" and "explosions" and "liability" and it pretty well died a death.
 Justpark - Lemma
I can second this recommendation. We regularly drive up to South London and park near a tube station and then use our Oyster cards to get to the centre. A good compromise between driving and parking in the centre, at horrendous cost of time and money, and taking the train.

I was recently visiting a hospital in the East End of London at which a relative was having an operation. I intended to drop the party I was chauffeuring off at the hospital and wait for a call to pick them up. I found a car park within 100m of the hospital and followed the instruction on the sign to phone to make the payment. I picked up my mobile and was astonished to be greeted by the machine telling me my registration number and all I had to do was press a key to pay automatically. It was a actually a Justpark car park and recognised my phone number and registered details. Excellent service.
 Justpark - martin aston
I used them once last year to park in West end of London. It's a very well designed service and was a good price.

My only caveat was we were in a car park with several spaces rented out and you needed to choose one when you arrived. Of the three or four still free only one would take our medium sized hatchback. The other spaces were very small, tapered in shape and I wouldn't have been happy to leave my car in such a vulnerable space. To be fair London car parks are likely to be tight given the cost of space and I am a fussy parker.

When I use the service in future I will try to get a single drive space like the OP where tight space is less likely to be an issue.
Latest Forum Posts