Motoring Discussion > We Buy Any Car Buying / Selling
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 8

We Buy Any Car - CGNorwich
Having now bought a new car which should be ready for collection in 2 weeks I need to sell my existing vehicle. I declined the trade in offer of £6,100. WBAC have offered £7000 subject to inspection which seems reasonable. Similar vehicles are retailing around £8,000 in dealers.

Obviously could sell privately or tout the car around some local garages. Any views as to the best way to go?

We Buy Any Car - legacylad
What vehicle do you have to dispose of CGN?

Network with friends via social media sites, presuming you are happy to sell to them ( caveat emptor) or advertise in local newsagents, supermarket notice boards, laminated A4 'for sale ' sign in vehicle. That's what I've done most of my life
If it's a tasty practical petrol motor I may be interested.
 We Buy Any Car - CGNorwich
Not sure If you think it's tasty but it's a Golf Match 1.6 TDI 2012 with 48,000 miles on the clock.
 We Buy Any Car - Bobby
When I got rid of my Hyundai, Evans Halshaw guaranteed to beat the WBAC price.

They did by about £800 which surprised me!

www.evanshalshaw.com/sell-your-car/
 We Buy Any Car - bathtub tom
WBAC are reputed to offer an initial high price to attract custom and then find reasons to offer less.
I suggest you've nothing to lose by offering it on Autotrader at a price they recommend or getting an idea of what prices they sell for from ebay and suchlike, eg: www.wisebuyers.co.uk/
 We Buy Any Car - Stuartli
Why not try Evans Halshaw, which is claiming in its TV advertising to offer/better any price offered by WBAC?

We Buy Any Car - Hard Cheese
I sold a Clio to WBAC, it was one previous owner, low mileage and fantastic for the year, as I recall they "offered" £1950 though went over the bodywork work with a fine tooth comb finding reasons to knock £400 off the quoted price, it was as though they were judging an 8 or 9 year old car by showroom standards. I negotiated and left with £1700. Strangely they only took a cursory glance inside, didn't lift the bonnet and only drove it about 2ft back and forth.
 We Buy Any Car - Roger.
>>Strangely they only took a cursory glance inside, didn't lift the bonnet and only drove it about 2ft back and forth. >>
Probably destined for an auction where buyers don't get to drive it before bidding.
 We Buy Any Car - Bill Payer
>> Probably destined for an auction where buyers don't get to drive it before bidding.

As they're owned by British Car Auctions then that's extremely likely!
Latest Forum Posts