Motoring Discussion > Rapid sacking! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 15

Rapid sacking! - Old Navy

metro.co.uk/2017/04/05/driving-instructor-filmed-hurling-abuse-at-children-riding-their-horses-6555295/
 Rapid sacking! - No FM2R
A bit of a dick for sure, but "hurling abuse"?

I must have missed a bit.
 Rapid sacking! - Dog
Just as well he neigh lives/drives down my little country lane!!!!!!!!
 Rapid sacking! - Manatee
43% of respondents to the accompanying poll think riders should be forced to pick up their horse's poo.

They walk among us.

Leave it to people like that and it'll be the death penalty for cyclists.
 Rapid sacking! - CGNorwich
The answer is already available. The horse diaper Sort of emissions control for horses really.

www.equisan.com.au

Rapid sacking! - tyrednemotional
>> Leave it to people like that and it'll be the death penalty for cyclists.
>>

.....well, I think they ought to at least be made to pick up their poo...........
 Rapid sacking! - stan10
I admit that i couldn't actually make out a word he said, but his tone was level, and seemingly calm, so "hurling abuse" ?? (as per No FM2R)
Yet one more example of Media Bawlclocks, (i think that's how you spell it)

Should he have been sacked ?
I would need to see a "bigger / clearer picture", and actually know the guy to have a definite answer, i wouldn't like to see anyone losing a hard to come by job.

Unprofessional ? absolutely, definitely.
More worrying, - an adult picking on two young kids ... bullying ?

Best thing on show here ?,
the incredibly calm mature response from the young rider, if he was my son i would be proud of him.

Riders picking up poo -

In order to see when the horse has poo'd, the rider would need to be facing backwards ??
As a kid i remember all the adults rushing out to collect dropped horse poo for their gardens.

Nowadays the only poo we collect comes from either politicians or news media

Rapid sacking! - Wibble
>>Unprofessional ? absolutely, definitely.
>> More worrying, - an adult picking on two young kids ... bullying ?

Yes, not on and even if he wasn't as rude as the headline suggests there is definitely threatening behaviour there.

Cyclists get it from motorists as well.

Some motorists think they have god given supremacy on the road.

I work on the basis that pedestrians, horses and cyclists all used roads before car drivers and therefore on a first come, first served basis they have priority. It also gets very messy if you squish one accidentally so its best to give them lots of room.

Some don't help themselves though. On the way home tonight a ninja cyclist in black on an unlit BMX and on an unlit road, cut right across my bows. Luckily I saw him just in time!
 Rapid sacking! - Pat
The video wouldn't play for me but it appears he was getting out of the passenger side.

From that I assume he was giving a lesson at the time and setting a bad example to his pupil.

Pat
 Rapid sacking! - MD
Sacked as well. I like it. It could have been worse if it had happened on a mane road. He's the one going to have the long face now :-)
 Rapid sacking! - Zero
He had a right mare of a day, completely on the wrong tack, now forced to hoof it down the road.
 Rapid sacking! - Dog
Hay, leave the bloke alone will ya, he was probably saddled with an ass of of learner and took it out on the kyds.
 Rapid sacking! - VxFan
>> The video wouldn't play for me

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyaL4lBkTqY
 Rapid sacking! - Bromptonaut
We don't know how it started because the kids were only filming after he was underway. Looks though like an example of 'motorists own the road I'll give them a piece of my mind' brigade and given the riders' youth there's potentially a bullying element.

If he were an employee I think he'd be warned. Not really gross misconduct territory. But like most of the driving school chains AA operates a franchise model and can withdraw for all sorts of reasons.

There's an element of Darwin though in blowing off like that when in a liveried vehicule.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 11 Apr 17 at 15:05
 Rapid sacking! - commerdriver
I think you have to assume today that anything you do in public is going to be recorded on somebody's dashcam or mobile phone or on some cctv somewhere.
 Rapid sacking! - No FM2R
Unless you are an alien, a UFO or the Lock Ness monster. Then it seems you have the knack for doing things when nobody with a phone is looking.
Latest Forum Posts