Motoring Discussion > Yes pleeeese! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 8

Yes pleeeese! - Old Navy
If only it were true.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4396984/Speed-bumps-vanish-roads-pollution-crackdown.html
 Yes pleeeese! - commerdriver
Probably won't apply in Scotland :-)
 Yes pleeeese! - Old Navy
Unfortunately true, with blanket 20 limits in many urban areas all they do is wear the suspension. Its a pity the speed bumps can't be inverted and dropped into potholes, but maybe the potholes are part of the speed reduction policy. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 10 Apr 17 at 09:37
 Yes pleeeese! - henry k
There is hope.
One road near us that is used as an access route to the local shops and the railway station was recently totally resurfaced with a proper job but did not have the humps replaced.
The latest cost saving ??
 Yes pleeeese! - Old Navy
>>...... was recently totally resurfaced with a proper job but did not
>> have the humps replaced.
>>

Did you miss a "yet" off the end of that? :-)

We have a similar situation, six months and counting.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 10 Apr 17 at 13:28
 Yes pleeeese! - Dog
Werk colleague of the ole woman broke a front spring on her Audi going over a 'sleeping copper' recently at night
[she diidn't see it!]
Last edited by: Dog on Mon 10 Apr 17 at 10:00
 Yes pleeeese! - BiggerBadderDave
'ole woman broke a front spring on her Audi going over a 'sleeping copper' recently at night'

Did a similar thing back around the late 90s. I’d been on holiday and at some point during the previous fortnight, the council had put in speed bumps around the streets between Abbey Road and Finchley Road. First day back on my commute, it was dark and I didn’t expect or wasn’t paying attention and hit one at 30mph. It didn’t damage the suspension, it snapped the boot latch of the XJS. The boot flipped opened and the contents went skyward. I was not happy. Had to avoid all speed bumps till I got it fixed.
 Yes pleeeese! - Manatee
I am opposed to physical obstructions generally. Cushions can be as bad as full width humps, I always put a wheel on top rather than straddling which in the past has been the cause of early tyre replacement.

I'd rather they set an appropriate speed limit and enforced it.
 Yes pleeeese! - Dog
These are a better design of 'cushion' .. for a vehicles suspenders. Before they were constructed, peops used to race down said road, as it leads to the beach. Probably why it's called Beach Road?

www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.3370458,-4.7500657,3a,64.3y,178.9h,40.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAFPvND93ggSOovGbkVa48A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Pity the council fail to maintain them in good order though.
Latest Forum Posts