Motoring Discussion > Mazda warranty Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 10

Mazda warranty - bathtub tom
Daughter has just asked me if she should have a '15 reg Mazda serviced at a main dealer.
After some time I found it was first registered 03/03/15.
The first service was carried out at 16K miles 02/16, when she bought it from a Mazda dealer.
The first owner was Hertz.
Service record indicates it should be serviced one year/12.500 miles.
I reckon she's blown the warranty and should just get it done anywhere.

Opinions?
 Mazda warranty - Fullchat
Presuming its a 3 year manufacturers warranty, if it were me I'd be getting the Mazda dealer service. Should there be an issue in the coming 11 months then that would be for the selling dealer to smooth over. Also presuming the selling dealer is the one she has in mind for the service. It may be worth checking as it may have been serviced but the book not stamped up. At least she will have done have done her bit to comply with the obligations.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Mon 24 Apr 17 at 00:22
 Mazda warranty - Hard Cheese
Surely the fact that the first service was done "when she bought it from a Mazda dealer" is the key point, it was 3.5k miles over schedule though did it come withe remainder of it's warranty or not?

It's now only a couple of months over which should not be a problem.
Last edited by: Hard Cheese on Mon 24 Apr 17 at 00:26
 Mazda warranty - No FM2R
A brief phone call to the dealer should establish the warranty status. I'd hate you to make the assumption it was blown when it wasn't, and then blow it. If you see what I mean.
 Mazda warranty - mikeyb
If she bought it from a main dealer I would assume the warranty was in place. I know when I got the Lexus the terms were that the supplying dealer just had to ensure the service history was bought up to date and all work done to enable it to be sold as used approved.
 Mazda warranty - Zero
I bet somewhere in the sales blurb when she bought the car, it will say "balance of manufacturers warranty remaining" So yes, get it serviced at the Mazda dealer.
I've been through all the documentation she's got (not much) and there's no mention of warranty other than in the service book. It was last serviced 02/16 at 16K miles (its first). So it missed the first service criteria of every 12.5K miles/year and it's now missed the second criteria as it hasn't been done for fourteen months.
I've suggested she calls the main dealer, but you can lead a horse to water............................
If sold with balance of warranty then that answers the service at 16k point, and 14 month will surely be fine if not also over on miles
I mean it will either have been sold wilth balance of warranty, 2 years, or a 3, 6,12 month warranty.
 Mazda warranty - Dog
>>I reckon she's blown the warranty and should just get it done anywhere.

Why would one need a warranty with a Mazda car?
>>Why would one need a warranty with a Mazda car?

The difference in cost of servicing between a main dealer and a reputable garage.
Latest Forum Posts