Motoring Discussion > Postman Pat Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 3

Postman Pat - Hard Cheese
Well that's what the small one reminds me of ...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41025771

Seriously this is where electric vehicles make sense currently, not 40k miles per year reps, or even those of us who occasionally might need to 400 or 500 miles in a day.
 Postman Pat - hawkeye
"Although the current prototype versions of the vans are fitted with wing mirrors, a spokeswoman for Arrival told the BBC they will be removed from the final design - as cameras will be used to monitor traffic to the rear instead."

Oh dear. What's the logic for removing 'wing' mirrors? More to go wrong and more expensive IMO.
Mirrors aren't just used for traffic monitoring, they're used for squeezing backwards through gaps and avoiding bouncing the back wheels over kerbs.
 Postman Pat - Crankcase

>> Seriously this is where electric vehicles make sense currently, not 40k miles per year reps,
>> or even those of us who occasionally might need to 400 or 500 miles in
>> a day.

Or for those of us who don't do those distances. Just clocked up 13500 electric miles today, done over the last 18 months. Number of times using a public charger - once, for five minutes, as an experiment.

Sure, sometimes I've used the diesel as the more sensible option over that period - 1500 miles worth.

I wouldn't have thought that usage pattern to be particularly atypical.
 Postman Pat - CGNorwich
I thought she had changed jobs :-)
Latest Forum Posts