Motoring Discussion > Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner
Thread Author: carmalade Replies: 20

Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - carmalade
My battery gave up today after 14 years service. Do you think Ford should offer any extended warranty on this !!
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Manatee
I think every battery that has given out on me has done it in January. I blame the Met Office.
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Zero
Funnily enough, my wifes Fiesta battery went down with the Christmas lights,. Its 7 years old, I had to go and give her a boost from the beemer.

Which in itself was an education, I cant find the beemer battery, its somewhere in the boot I think, but the manual reveals some jump start terminals in the engine bay

Anyway, new one from ECP picked up today
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Hard Cheese
>> Funnily enough, my wifes Fiesta battery went down with the Christmas lights,. Its 7 years
>> old, I had to go and give her a boost from the beemer.
>>
>> Which in itself was an education, I cant find the beemer battery, its somewhere in
>> the boot I think, but the manual reveals some jump start terminals in the engine
>> bay
>>
>> Anyway, new one from ECP picked up today
>>

BMW don't recommend that though if you do do it make sure the beemer is not running and it's ignition is off.
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Lygonos
>>I cant find the beemer battery, its somewhere in the boot I think, but the manual reveals some jump start terminals in the engine bay

It was under the rear seat squab in my 7-series - same jumper terminals under the bonnet.

Used to occasionally come back to it flat - think it was the switch for the boot light not always turning off but never had the nuts to climb into the boot and let the missus shut me in it...
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - PeterS
>>
>> Which in itself was an education, I cant find the beemer battery, its somewhere in
>> the boot I think, but the manual reveals some jump start terminals in the engine
>> bay
>>

Previously BMW tourings I’ve owned have had it either several layers down in the boot (under the load floor, and the shallow cubby, and the space saver spare, if you have one) or under one of the storage compartments by the wheel arches, again in the boot. Of course, you might have two batteries. A big one to start the car, and a ‘convenience’ one to power all the gadgets. So I’d stick to the jump start terminals under the bonnet!
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Zero

>>
>> Previously BMW tourings I’ve owned have had it either several layers down in the boot

>>Of course, you might have two batteries. A big one to start the
>> car, and a ‘convenience’ one to power all the gadgets. So I’d stick to the
>> jump start terminals under the bonnet!

Wise as it turns out, there is a battery in the engine bay, under a scuttle cover, but its the "convenience" one, a mere 15ah despite the fact it looks like a 45ah one. The fire starter one is 60ah and somewhere in the bowels of the boot/rear seat
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - VxFan
>> Do you think Ford should offer any extended warranty on this !!

They'll just discharge that idea.
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Falkirk Bairn
>> Do you think Ford should offer any extended warranty on this !!

>>They'll just discharge that idea.

A flat NO!
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Focal Point
Carmalade's query/suggestion seems to have fallen flat. It didn't spark much of a response.
Last edited by: Focal Point on Wed 3 Jan 18 at 19:37
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Robin O'Reliant
I'm positive that you'd get a negative response.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Wed 3 Jan 18 at 19:55
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - No FM2R
I assume there's no charge for that joke?
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Hard Cheese
Reckon it's terminal ...
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - PeterS
Oh be fair, why the negativity...? I think he was looking for a boost...
>> I think he was looking for a boost...

There's always a positive side!
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - madf
The capacity for alternating views on the subject is fanned by its revolutionary nature leading to both sides being poles apart.
I don't think this is a current issue any more.
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Falkirk Bairn
>>I don't think this is a current issue any more.

Could the OP not re-volt & if he had the capacity, he could take Ford to court but the Judge could decide their was no charge about Ford's flat refusal to extend the warranty.
>> he could take Ford to court but the Judge could decide their was no charge about Ford's flat refusal to extend the warranty.

That would be the acid test.
 Ford Focus - Disappointed Focus owner - Robin O'Reliant
These threads always lead to jumps.
Someone's got their wires crossed.
Latest Forum Posts