Motoring Discussion > FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 5

FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? - Auntie Lockbrakes
I am making my habitual search for a cheap rental car in Europe (Copenhagen). An outfit called FLIZZR (a broker I think) keeps coming up with prices that way undercut the usual sites and firms. Anyone ever used/heard of them?

Usual reaction: if it's too good to be true (the price), it probably is...!
 FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? - rtj70
Never heard of them.
 FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? - Hard Cheese
Try Argus, a broker based in Ireland, great service and a great "catch all" insurance policy that covers all excesses, liabilities etc.
 FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? - CGNorwich
uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.flizzr.com
 FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? - smokie
Carhire3000 always seem to get a good price and never had any real hassle, in my experience.

I had an interesting experience with them last weekend, I've booked an estate for Portugal for 21 days in April, it was about £280. Went on and checked at the weekend and it was down to £210 so I was going to cancel and rebook. I had problems with entering card details on Chrome so I switched to Microsoft Edge and the same car was only £197!! Whatever, seems cheap enough at under a tenner a day.

When I first booked a car about 6 months in advance of a US trip last autumn it was an acceptable price but I cancelled that, I think, there times because it got cheaper and cheaper. Saved about a third in the end...
 FLIZZR car rentals - any experience? - Focal Point
I'm deeply suspicious of brokers when it comes to car hire. It means you don't know which firm you're getting. You may or may not get one with an office in airport; the cars may not be anywhere nearby; you may end up with unfair fuel charges and other charges to do with insurance which were not included in the price you thought you were paying.

On Tenerife, which I have visited a lot over the years, there are monstrously dodgy rip-off firms as well as completely straight and trustworthy ones. If you go for the cheapest via the broker route there's a good chance you're going to be very unhappy indeed.
Latest Forum Posts