Motoring Discussion > whatcar.com/new-car-deals Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 8

whatcar.com/new-car-deals - Hard Cheese
Has anyone looked at this in detail? Does it compare with DTD etc?

www.whatcar.com/new-car-deals
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - sherlock47
I just looked at 2 ranges -
Citroen - typ discount 9% for a C3 (t does not show Berlingo)

Mazda typ discount 8% for a 3 (does not have any 2 shown!)

First reaction is very poor discounts my previous discounts have been

C3 Picasso 37% in 2016
Berlingo about 33% 2014?

Both self negotiated with a dealer matching DtD discounts available at the time.

Picasso Xsara via DTD around 30% in 2006 cannot remember exactly.
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - Lygonos
Have had quotes through carwow before which are similar to those from DTD but are available for a wider range of cars.
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - Tigger
Coast2coast are also worth a look
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - R.P.
DTD were very, very good when we sourced the MX5 - they even reduced the price a smidgen unbidden. Their track record is very good.
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - PeterS
I’d echo what RP said; we’ve had a number of cars thought DTD and they’ve been very good. I particularly like the fact that all bar the initial contact is with the dealer themselves. Carwow also seem to be competitive though, based on our recent activity in looking for a replacement for the Audi.
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - Bill Payer
I tried DtD for Mrs BP's Tiguan. Price was good, but they called me and wouldn't connect me to "their" dealer unless I agreed to wait the factory lead-time. Wouldn't discuss it at all - it was agree or not. We needed the car quickly, so it was 'not'.

So went to CarWow and got a car from a local dealer in 8 days. Wasn't quite as cheap at DtD but close enough bearing in mind the dealer was local and we got the full dealer service - very good in fact, best new car experience to date.
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - Zero
I ended up using car wow to beat the dealer with
 whatcar.com/new-car-deals - zippy
We have some deals with manufacturers at work.

The discounts offered are:

Fiat / Jeep up to 24% on cars and 39.5% on vans.

Hyundai - difficult to assess. You have to go through the buying process to get a personal price after quoting a code.

Mazda 15% a few special editions excluded and no deposit contributions, discounted servicing plans etc. Dealers staff get 30% off.

Mercedes Benz custom quotes required through a MB staff manager.

Vauxhall - need to quote a code to dealers to get a discount on specific models.

Volvo - 7.5 to about 15% depending on model.

I reckon you can get better than these savings through Car-Wow or DTD.

Latest Forum Posts