Motoring Discussion > Rear brake discs Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 20

Rear brake discs - TheManWithNoName
If you've replaced parts yourself on your car, where do you buy from?
My car will need rear brake discs/pads and Euro car parts seems reasonable and there is a local branch near me.
However they offer three types of discs - a cheap pair - Eichman, possibly made in India and could be prone to corrosion, a mid range set by Pagid and a premium set - Brembo.

What name do you trust and have experience of or can you recommend another manufacturer?
 Rear brake discs - Zero
I always used ECP and went for Pagid disks, but expensive pads, they fitted better, came with the correct shim and guide parts, and were less prone to binding later.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 12 Jan 18 at 13:38
 Rear brake discs - RichardW
Don't buy them from ECP though, buy them from carparts4less - the same outfit, just 20-40% cheaper!! I wouldn't buy any electrical items from ECP however...
Thanks RichardW.
Over £7 cheaper on carparts4less for the same part!
 Rear brake discs - Hard Cheese
ECP often have voucher codes that can make them cheaper though.
Carpets4less are still cheaper even after ECP vouchers are used.
Last edited by: TheManWithNoName on Fri 12 Jan 18 at 14:46
 Rear brake discs - tyrednemotional
>> Carpets4less are still cheaper even after ECP vouchers are used.
>>

....though discs bought from there might lead to a pile-up......

;-)
 Rear brake discs - Boxsterboy
>> Carpets4less are still cheaper even after ECP vouchers are used.
>>

I can't see carpets being any good as brakes?? Even with a decent underlay.
 Rear brake discs - Lemma
I have found Pagid to be very good and have fitted them to my daughters car 10k plus miles ago. They were recommended to me by a trusted independent who regularly uses them. If you have a Porsche and/or painted calipers then you might be inclined to use Brembo.
Thanks. I've been reading up on Pagid and they seems to come recommended on other forums too.

Out of interest, do the kits come supplied with any shims etc or is it just the discs?
I'm keen to try replacing them myself when the weather warms up and haven't changed brakes on a car since the early 90's when I did a mark 1 Vauxhall Cavalier!
 Rear brake discs - Zero
Disks come just as disks, no shims etc. Pads come come with fitting kits (shims spring guides etc) or without. You can just use the old ones if your pads dont come with it.
 Rear brake discs - Dog
If and when I replace the discs/pads on my 7 year-young Honda CR-V, I would replace them with OE parts but, I wouldn't buy them from a pain dealer.
 Rear brake discs - Zero
do you know who the brake OE is for your Honda?
 Rear brake discs - Hard Cheese
When I last did both front and rear discs plus pads all round, which was on a Mondeo about 10 years ago, I got the lot from the Ford dealer for a very good price compared with other options.

I did however fit new front discs and pads to our old Clio around a year later and fitted Pagid discs, I think from ECP.

Both jobs quite straightforward IIRC.

Our friendly indy also fitted new rear discs to our 120i about a year ago which IIRC were Pagid(it's still on the original fronts) and the hub has not corroded at all yet unlike the OEM BMW ones can do.
 Rear brake discs - madf
I bought front Brembo pads for the Jazz at 50% discount from ECP# at round £22 iirc far cheaper than Honda's £45
Rear Brembo pads from CarParts4less..About £21.

Both v good.

#35% off this weekend
 Rear brake discs - Dog
No doubt you do. Bendix?
 Rear brake discs - Zero
>> No doubt you do. Bendix?

No I dont know, and thats the point - it varies
 Rear brake discs - slowdown avenue
pagid are good brembo slightly better. imo
 Rear brake discs - R.P.
Brembo is a name well known to Motorcyclists Triumph and BMW (and others probably) fit them as standard. That tells you what you need to know.
 Rear brake discs - sooty123
When doing any servicing or work on the car, 90% of the bits come from carparts4less. Not had any problems that I can remember with them, good price and quick delivery.
Latest Forum Posts