Motoring Discussion > Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 6

Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - VxFan
"Mobile fuel delivery service to bring diesel and petrol to your car in an F1-style home pit stop"

Zebra Fuel provides a service that brings fuel directly to businesses or individuals who can place an order in the same way they would request a takeaway delivery or book an Uber on their smart devices.

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5352943/On-demand-fuel-delivery-service-brings-diesel-car.html

Other than for lazy people, I just can't see the point of this. Especially as we're being told the future is electric anyway.

ok, I can see it could be helpful for businesses such as hire car companies, and those with several pool cars and the savings made by not having employees popping down the petrol station having to fill up several vehicles.

Would you consider using it? I wouldn't.

Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - TheManWithNoName
Might be handy if you regularly run your car on fumes and then need to get somewhere but don't have time to get to a garage.
An extra 6 or 7p a litre might be worth it. Might also be handy for disabled drivers too.

Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - Manatee
A special trip for fuel probably costs me £3 to get there and back. So I'd be happy to pay that, but I can't see how anybody could make money unless they charged quite a bit more.

If I were providing the service, I'd be looking for a regular round - a bit like the pop-wagons (that have long died out).
 Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - No FM2R
>>Would you consider using it? I wouldn't.

Not if I had to organise it myself, it'd be more effort.

But would I ask my assistant as I arrived in the office to sort it out before I had to go back out again? I might. But not often enough for a business to rely on me.

It would be a rare day I didn't have the required 5 minutes to call into a gas station when I'm driving.
 Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - PeterS
At those prices I might consider it; it’s not that I couldn’t find the 5/10 minutes to fill the car, but for £2.99 and a fuel cost the same as the pump why bother. The reality however is that I think it would cost lot more where we live, and I wouldn’t pay any more than that!

Edited to add, turning it round, would I pay £80/£100 a year never to never have to go to a petrol station? Yes, because I’d probably save more than that on implulse purchase in the petrol station ;)
Last edited by: PeterS on Tue 27 Feb 18 at 19:42
 Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - MD
I like it. I like it very much. With modern fuel stations becoming mini supermarkets I get incensed as Mrs. Woman (other genders are available) park at a pump and ‘go shopping’ not even buying fuel. I’d pay their fee as it would save me plenty of time and I’d have less bursting veins in my neck!
 Splash and dash: Mobile fuel delivery service - Bobby
When I was growing up, my next door neighbour was a guy who owned a bakery firm.

He had his own petrol pump round the back of the house. Never understood why, there was a petrol station a quarter of a mile away.

Still remember his reg number - WS 4.
Latest Forum Posts