Motoring Discussion > Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 5

Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge - smokie
Just in case anyone is interested...

"If you have an older Mercedes-Benz without connected functionality that was built after 2002, you can still enjoy the experience of connected features through the Mercedes me Adapter. Supported on both iOS and Android, the device allows you to connect your car to all of the Mercedes me Adapter features using your smartphone."

www.mercedes-benz.co.uk//passengercars/being-an-owner/mercedes-me-adapter/youtube-mercedes-me-adapter.module.html

There is a link on that page to eligible cars. All done via an ODBC connector apparently. But apparently some of the more useful services have an annual cost.
 Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge - CGNorwich
Same l as VW. I picked up an adapter for the Golf SV when I had the last service.

www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/volkswagen-connect
 Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge - Rudedog
I asked for one for my 2006 Golf when it was being serviced in March, they looked my car up and was told it was too old for the adapter to work.
 Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge - CGNorwich
You're not really missing much. Its a bit of a gimmick really. Handy I suppose if you have a problem remembering where you have parked your car!

It main use seem to be in chiding you to drive with a gentle style. It think I change up too late but otherwise thinks I'm doing good.:-)
 Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge - Duncan
I have agreed to have the adapter fitted to my car.........

However, what useful purpose does it serve?
 Mercedes Benz - Mercedes me Adapter now free of charge - VxFan
>> However, what useful purpose does it serve?

Explained via the link in the first post of this thread.
Latest Forum Posts