Motoring Discussion > Skoda Roomster - Parts availability Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 7

Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Manatee
on a 2014 car shouldn't be a problem?

Ours had some repairs about 15 months ago, and some time afterwards some plastic cladding on the doors started to come adrift. It was slightly damaged as a result so the repairer ordered some replacements.

The ones supplied were primed for painting, whereas the ones on the car are unpainted. Skoda (via the local dealer I believe) claim that the unpainted type as fitted to the car are no longer made.

I'm pretty sure that manufacturers are obliged to ensure spares availability for up to 10 years from manufacture. Maybe this only applies to parts necessary to function.

Either way I think it's pretty poor.

The damage was very minor so on this occasion the old ones were made to do, but I don't think I will be buying any more Skodas.

This is what the cladding looks like goo.gl/wiZdGY
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Bromptonaut
>> This is what the cladding looks like goo.gl/wiZdGY

I don't think mine has that cladding, just bump strip. Cannot look atm as it's on the town centre car park we use for work.

Oddly we potentially had opposite problem years ago with our BX. BX's for UK mostly had colour coded bumpers. As new these were self coloured plastic broadly matching the car's colour (ours was green). However replacements were supplied in neutral gray and would need painting to match. Bumper on ours was damaged after Mrs B used car to demolish party wall between us an neighbour.

Observation of other vehicles suggested paint adhesion was a problem so we just let it carry battle scars right up to time it went to the scrappy.
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Zero
So get them all replaced with primed versions and then painted body colour, so much classier.

Repairer foots the bill if they can't obtain black replacements, their problem not yours.
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Stuartli
I would suggest that only supplying primed versions as spare parts would save having to stock many more in the various body colours - would make economic sense.
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Zero
The chances are that the black ones were only fitted for a limited run on base models before they were upgraded to body colour, probably for sales reasons.

Hence the unavailability.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 5 Jul 18 at 19:48
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Manatee
>>The chances are that the black ones were only fitted for a limited run on base models

Not really - the 'Scout' was the premium model and more expensive on the list price than the SE, which has fully painted bumpers and no cladding. I've never seen one with painted cladding, it might even be an accessory.

The body shop suggested painting them black to blend in, that would never have worked - they are dark grey plastic that looks like plastic.

I don't mind the cladding, it keeps mud and grit off the paint.

I just think it's carp that they have stopped supplying a part for a 4 year old car, that was actually made until 2015.
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Old Navy
>>
>> I don't mind the cladding, it keeps mud and grit off the paint.
>>

But traps it between the plastic and paint where it turns to grinding paste.
 Skoda Roomster - Parts availability - Runfer D'Hills
>> Not really - the 'Scout'...

What colour is its woggle? ;-)
Latest Forum Posts