Motoring Discussion > Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. Computing Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 6

Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - No FM2R
"driver had 51 points on licence"

www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-48160507

So now the drivers has actually been banned. But surely it means that last time some idiot magistrate dealt with this idiot when he presumably had 40 odd points on his licence and thought it would be ok to give him a bunch more without banning him.
 Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - sooty123
Probably but you can't know, he could have picked loads up after being banned. Reading the link, it reads to me he's been banned for some time not just on this offence.
Got banned at 15 points then picked up the rest after bring banned?
 Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - No FM2R
Could be, that didn't occur to me.

Even if that were so I'd still maintain more significant action should have been taken earlier.
 Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - Bromptonaut
Report seems to be founded on a police 'tweet' about catching a prolific traffic offender. Presumably meant to show offenders can run but not hide. So far as I can see it makes no mention of conviction or penalty for that particular incident.

How he had opportunity to be driving after 51 points and presumably repeat bans is another question.
 Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - sooty123
Even if that were so I'd still maintain more significant action should have been taken
>> earlier.
>

More than likely yes.
 Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - smokie
I saw that this morning, I didn't look closely but it looked like a fairly fancy Merc on the police tweet. If I see "unlikely" types in cars like that I usually (probably sometimes wrongly) think they are ne'er-do-wells e.g. dealers or something else naughty.

So maybe he just has a healthy disrespect for the law...
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 4 May 19 at 18:50
 Apprently a ban is only certain at 51 points. - bathtub tom
There was a 'do as you likey' type character on Jeremy Kyle this week (yes I do have it on) who'd had forty odd prison sentences for driving convictions.

Similarly, last week on the 'gypsies next door', a character who despised the 'do as you likeys' handle was shown throwing a walking pole away on Glen Nevis. Later on three of them were on camera in the front of a minibus. None were wearing seat belts and the driver was on a hand-held mobile.

Seems they have no respect for the law and do as they like!
Latest Forum Posts