Motoring Discussion > Recommened breakdown services Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 13

Recommened breakdown services - Ambo
Our 3 successive Hyundais have carried free breakdown cover for several years each but the cover will run out shortly on the present one. What is good these days in cover organisations? We always used AA in the past and found them excellent, although Green Flag also got good mentions.
 Recommened breakdown services - bathtub tom
There's Autoaid, which I used once about five years ago and it worked well. Their methods have changed since then and their price seems to be on a par with Green Flag.

There's this lot: tinyurl.com/y45p7tq9 I had their cover last year, but never had to call them out. They seem to be an agency referring you to different breakdown services.

You pays your money and takes your choice, but I suggest you read the reviews carefully!
 Recommened breakdown services - neiltoo
I've been with these:
www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/breakdown-insurance/
for several years.
Called them out twice and had good friendly service.
First time was a flat battery. Was jump started then taken to a local battery supplier, and the guy swapped it over for me.
Second time was a shredded tyre during a horrendous snow storm. I couldn't free the wheelnuts so called them out.
Guy arrived within twenty minutes, and cheerfully changed the wheel.
Same local guy in each case. They use local private individuals rather than in house, so quality may vary with location, but I would recommend on my experience.

Neil
 Recommened breakdown services - CGNorwich
According to this Hyundai give you a complementary 12 months roadside assistance every time you get your car serviced with them

www.hyundai.co.uk/misc-pages/5_year_warranty/roadside_assistance_programme

"You can also continue to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hyundai Roadside Assistance via Service Activated Roadside Assistance. A further 12 months Roadside Assistance will be added every year (from the date of registration) when you ensure your is vehicle serviced at an authorised Hyundai repairer in line with the service schedule."

Many thank for that , CG. I was unaware of it since I used the previous two Hyundais for part-exchange before the end of warranty.
 Recommened breakdown services - Auristocrat
The Hyundai new car warranty now only comes with 12 months roadside assistance. Renewed for 12 months when you have the car serviced by a Hyundai dealer.
 Recommened breakdown services - Pezzer
Assume that does not include Recovery ?
 Recommened breakdown services - CGNorwich
Pleased to help!
Thanks. However, I am alarmed by the Self-induced faults exclusions. Surely running out of fuel and locking keys in a car are common causes of call-outs. I don't know of any service that covers self-induced faults only.
I see now see that the Terms and Conditions say that self-induced faults can be covered, but are payable in advance, before a rescue is launched..
 Recommened breakdown services - zippy
I have used the AA twice recently and both times, their service was excellent.

(Hyundai under their warranty when my car broke down.)

A few years ago I broke down at some services on the M40 near Oxford and the AA used an independent 3rd party to try and fix the car. They spent about 5 minutes looking at the car gave up and called for recovery.

The AA man turned up and couldn't recover me as the car was 4x4 and the indi hadn't told them.

AA man spent 30 minutes and fixed the fault, then followed me halfway around the M25 to ensure the car was fine.

I would chose a company that has their own fleet over others that use local indis.
 Recommened breakdown services - Duncan
>> AA man spent 30 minutes and fixed the fault, then followed me halfway around the
>> M25 to ensure the car was fine.

He followed you for 60 miles?
 Recommened breakdown services - Roger.
I have a free breakdown plan with my new Dacia. It ONLY covers items whose failure would be allowable as a warranty claim, so I'll keep my START RESCUE plan going.
www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5O2mjIWh4gIVl-J3Ch3ETAHJEAAYASAAEgJWEvD_BwE
 Recommened breakdown services - zippy
>> >> AA man spent 30 minutes and fixed the fault, then followed me halfway around
>> the
>> >> M25 to ensure the car was fine.
>>
>> He followed you for 60 miles?
>>

From the services south of Oxford to the M3 junction on the M25!

It was past midnight!
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 17 May 19 at 11:51
Latest Forum Posts