Motoring Discussion > Triumph - Summer fun. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Triumph - Summer fun. - R.P.
Met up with some friends tonight (currently on holiday in West Wales) they had their latest motor a lovely red 1982 TR7 2.0 litre convertible - stunningly pretty now with a shape and style that has matured. What a lovely car and a really affordable classic.
 Triumph - Summer fun. - martin aston
Nice nostalgia. According to "How many left?" there are only 290 of all versions still licenced in UK so its a rare thing. About 115,000 were made.

It was a victim of the decline of the UK motor industry at the time and its being a pale successor to the much sportier TR6 of which 4000 still knock around. If Wiki is to believed only 8000 TR6 were sold in UK which would suggest a remarkable survival rate even allowing for re-imports?

Having said that, as RP says, the TR7 shape still looks the part and I would happily zip along the Welsh lanes with the wind in my remaining hair.
Last edited by: martin aston on Wed 22 May 19 at 09:20
 Triumph - Summer fun. - MD
When my numbers come up tonight and I'm free to spend spend spend I'll have a 150 BHP TR6 and a 2 Litre Vitesse. The Exotica can wait:-)
 Triumph - Summer fun. - legacylad
Rose tinted. When your numbers come up get an MX5. Or better still the latest Boxster.
Although I sympathise....I’m currently in warmer climes so have a look at my pals website...www.jeffsclassiccars.com
Another old MG currently en route from CA to join his two TR6s and Big Healey
 Triumph - Summer fun. - Zero
It looked crap then, it looks crap now. It was, in every respect a poor car, and typical of the dross produced by BL.

Both deserved their demise

I’m not ‘ into’ classic cars. They just don’t float my boat, apart from the odd few such as the original Honda NSX.
I suppose comparing Big Healeys, TR6 and their ilk is apples and oranges to new roadsters. But seeing a 718 Boxster wants to make me lick its decals. With apologies to Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band. Who also didn’t age well.
 Triumph - Summer fun. - Zero
Hold on there a mo LL

Some "classic" cars look superb, Triumph stag, Enzo himself called the E type the prettiest car ever made. I would have a 3.5 litre Rover P6 in a heartbeat, did a an executive express ever look as good, inside and out?
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 22 May 19 at 21:40
I never said that didn’t look good. They just don’t float my boat. Apart from the NSX. And the Ferrari Dino. And the Ferrari 308 GTS. And I’m gonna stop now cos I’m salivating too much.
Latest Forum Posts