Motoring Discussion > Servicing costs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 5

Servicing costs - Ambo
The Hyundai i10 is in its 6th. year (i.e. no longer under warranty). For yearly servicing , the main dealer quotes £185.25 and £45.00 for MOT, total £230.25. Does this sound reasonable?
 Servicing costs - Lygonos
Depends what it includes, innit?

www.epmooney.ie/web/Hyundai-i10-Maintenance-Schedule/

I know it's Irish but service 6 appears to be oil, filter, air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, brake fluid change, and the usual checks.

£185 seems not particularly excessive assuming all of these are done.

I would be tempted to do the servicing myself and let the MOT take care of suspension/steering/etc.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Wed 22 May 19 at 15:19
 Servicing costs - CGNorwich
If cost is an issue you could get a full service plus MOT for around £150 at Halfords. Go to their website and put in your reg no for an exact quote.

Servicing costs - smokie
I'm not a good one to ask really because I am fairly dubious about the real value of servicing. Regular oil changes can be done at a cheaper place, and as said above the MOT will report safety matters - though you'd hope that on a 6 year old car that wouldn't apply.

My independent "little man" was about £35 ph against £110 ph for the Ford dealer about 4 years ago. He was happy to just do what was asked, and stamp the book.
 Servicing costs - sooty123
I think those prices are pretty good for a main dealer, from what I've seen people pay at them.
 Servicing costs - MD
Yep if they actually do the work.
Latest Forum Posts