Motoring Discussion > Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: sally1975 Replies: 25

Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - sally1975
Both look the same, both have a similar price once price is negotiated.
I drive a 250d MB E class convertible. The car given to me from brand new and was three years old about 7 weeks ago.

Both salespeople were saying stuff eg covers mot fail other than brake pads and the exhaust I think.

WW came in a bit lower for a 3-year cover.

I went with ME because on the recent negative reviews against WW on Trustpilot. Having said that ME covers a lot more services inc mot's, servicing, and i think paint damage/etc so the servicing would usually good reviews but coming to claims on warranty may be level for both.

As my car has FSH from MB and recently serviced and only done 11k miles, I sent a copy of service history to ME and they could see the mot and no advisories, I, therefore, got an immediate start, no 90-day waiting period unless I had car checked but no check either. Got the excess down to fifty pounds and MB labour rates inc diagnostics. Then I rang the next day as i was tempted to change my mind and got a free months cover.

I also got the betterment clause removed as by the time the 37 months warranty expires the car would be 6 yrs and two months old and betterment kicks in at 6 yrs or 60k miles with both I think.

I paid just under 1650 pounds and this is massively cheaper than the MB tier 1 warranty that appears to be worse than WW & ME.

As my car has FSH by MB, I'd get a free loan car from them if my car was towed in or not driveable safely but the repair would be via them.

On my car, my friend tells me that the turbos can go, as well as the computer, roof playing up, sat-nav and oxygen sensors are common faults then the Led lights but these are not covered by the warranty.

What do you guys think and any experience with the two companies I've mentioned.

TIA

Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Lygonos
>>What do you guys think

That you and the people you work for/with were responsible for the "recent negative reviews against WW on Trustpilot".

No need for your comments. Your comments are actionable and I promise to do that.
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - tyrednemotional
>> No need for your comments. Your comments are actionable and I promise to do that.
>>

I think you should pursue him through UnwinnablecasesRus, because I've read poor reviews of Sueingwithoutahope.

TnE - no connection with either firm ...
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - No FM2R
I think it's great that you started this thread. I have recently heard many complaints about the customer service from Motor Easy once you try to make a claim but I take encouragement that you have pointed out the Warranty Wise cover is actually better. My sister was relieved because she was worried about all the bad things she had heard concerning Motor Easy and was worried that they might be her only choice.

I have heard that they promise everything and make everything sound perfect when trying to gain a customer, but that once the customer is on board they are forgotten.

I am told that Motor Easy allegedly tries every trick in the book to dodge or devalue a claim. I have also heard rumours that they are often taken to the small claims court and always lose. Whereas Warranty Wise always do their best for their customers, especially in times of hardship..

I was also told that even though Motor Easy promise there is no waiting period if you try to claim int he first 90 days they simply insist that is was a pre-existing defect.

I hope that you don't need to claim from them, but perhaps you ought to consider changing it for a Warranty Wise policy since their reputation is so much better.

No doubt anybody who reads this thread will be probably worried about Motor Easy's reputation and relieved to learn that Warranty Wise's cover is even better.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 16 Sep 19 at 20:52
Thanks and now I'm worried.

The 90 day clause was removed from my warranty as I produced a good service record.

TBH, both of the sales staff people I spoke to reminded me of an estate agent, ie your best friend when wanting business and then cold shoulder. When the warranty wise lady rang me and I told her I went with ME, though she tried to hide her disgust I did notice a hint of it.

Both lots of staff I believe get paid commission.

I've bought the warranty for a piece of mind and jI hope I never have to use them.

WW does not belong to the FCA but ME does. WW has ring-fenced money for policyholders and taken car of that tv personality from years ago I think his name is Wilson. IMO he's ahonest kind of guy.

Thanks for sharing, appreciated

Clarification re my comments and I quote:
"I went with ME because on the recent negative reviews against WW on Trustpilot. Having said that ME covers a lot more services inc mot's, servicing, and i think paint damage/etc so the servicing would usually good reviews but coming to claims on warranty may be level for both."

What I have tried to say is that the negative, recent negative comments against WW show up more clearly than ME as ME has many other services that they supply. These services that ME provides and WW does not are less contentious services hence IMO why ME may be getting better review ratings as the warranty/repair of broken faulty items is always going to be more contentious.

I hope I've made things clear and I just hope I've gone for the right people.

Btw, WW offer a 30 day cooling-off period and ME only 14 days.

Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Zero
Sally, I am eternally grateful that people like you exist, and take time to provide valuable guidance with absolutely no financial gain
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Kevin
>with absolutely no financial gain.

Probably will be no financial gain if WW lawyers read this.
>Probably will be no financial gain if WW lawyers read this.

Sorry, That "if" should actually be "when".

No doubt any request to the mods will identify the posters ip-address and their network provider can then provide the property details.

Knock, knock! Excuse me Sir, are you sally1975?
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Duncan
>>
>> I hope I've made things clear and I just hope I've gone for the right
>> people.

I don't think you have, but hey ho.

I think you would be better off without any aftermarket warranties.
Comments I read made me choose ME, it was the last piece in the jigsaw.

www.google.com/search?q=warranty+wise+trustpilot&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB824GB824&oq=warranty+wise+trust&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39j0l2.6422j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I'd like to hear about your experiences with ME especially the warranty side but not really the many other straightforward services they offer.

TIA
Everything I have heard from every knowledgeable source I have encountered and from absolutely everybody I know with any experience with Motor Easy says that they are an utterly dreadful company that is best avoided.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 17 Sep 19 at 00:17
Thanks. Looking at the reviews they look good but like I said you have to dg deeper as the few dozen or so I read were about servicing, mot's and staff interaction and i think 1 or 2 re warranty repairs. I will have a closer look later today
I've decided that I've gone with the best that is on offer - links to reviews to ME & WW below, decide for yourselves but be aware that ME has many other products and IMO these other products are not as contentious as warranty repairs, therefore, you would normally expect an easier ride.

WW

uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.warrantywise.co.uk

www.warrantywise.co.uk/reviews

ME reviews

uk.trustpilot.com/review/motoreasy.com

tinyurl.com/yxbuzy63

Re ME, link is via Google.

Thanks for nothing!
Last edited by: R.P. on Tue 17 Sep 19 at 15:11
Btw, I have a days grace to cancel by tomorrow I think so if you do have experience, positive or negative re ME or WW please share as this will hopefully put my mind at rest.

Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Bromptonaut
I have no experience of either but both are breakdown insurance companies. The make a profit because they're picky about what they will pay for. Whatever the promises, I don't think they match the dealer packages which, while not without exclusions, are more in way of an extension to the manufacturer's warranty. That's why the Mercedes policy is so much more expensive.

If review sites like Trustpilot don't answer your question I'm not sure collective knowledge of the 30 or so people who post here regularly are going to take you much further.

A larger motoring site might be be a happier hunting ground.
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Lygonos

>>A larger motoring site might be be a happier hunting ground.

e.g.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=23

Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - Duncan
Interesting post from sally1975 on 'Introduce yourself'.
A virtual pint to anyone who can convince me that "sally1975" isn't a bloke called Raj.

www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/anyone-dealt-with-motoreasy-used-car-warranty-2619203
Pretty much everything I said about Motor Easy is confirmed in that thread.

It's like I'm blessed.
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - bathtub tom
Nice one Kevin. Not much from Sally/Raj apologists.
 Warranty Wise Vs Motor Easy - tyrednemotional
>> A virtual pint to anyone who can convince me that "sally1975" isn't a bloke called
>> Raj.
>>
....best attempt I can make is to ask if you're convinced that the bloke who calls himself Raj is really Raj.....

In much the same vein as my doubts that the guy in the call centre in Noida who introduced himself as "Barry" was really Barry.

;-)
Not convincing enough TnE.

You can have a consolation prize though. A glass of Paderborner Pils. Pick it up at the Deutsches Haus and tell them Kevin will pay for it.
>> A virtual pint to anyone who can convince me that "sally1975" isn't a bloke called
>> Raj.

Except of course Raj isnt Raj. So Sally 1975 is not a bloke called Raj.
OOppps Twin n Earth beat me to it.
Latest Forum Posts