Motoring Discussion > Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 20

Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - legacylad
Spotted in a car park today. I’d forgotten they existed, but it’s one ugly SOAB
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - henry k
>> Spotted in a car park today. I’d forgotten they existed, but it’s one ugly SOAB
>>
But is there any other two seat only car with a boot ?
It seems a reasonable attempt. Bland but not ugly from the outside. Just because it is not a clone like so many hatchbacks folks avoid them.
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - legacylad
My old Triumph Spitfire had a boot. I still think they look the dogs danglies....he says looking back through rose coloured glasses
I’ve still got the original brochure at home. What a saddo !
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 24 Jan 20 at 18:13
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - No FM2R
>>. I still think they look the dogs danglies

I was always an MG man myself, but I did think the Spitfire was pretty.
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Zero
>> It seems a reasonable attempt. Bland but not ugly from the outside.

WWW.SPECSAVERS.CO.UK
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 24 Jan 20 at 18:39
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Haywain
I had to remind myself what the X-90 looked like .....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXFowypfo8s

Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Duncan
>> I had to remind myself what the X-90 looked like .....
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXFowypfo8s

Is that a nine year old Clarkson?
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - bathtub tom
They're sought after by the trials folk. There were 2 and 4WD versions. They put a ton of ballast in the back of the 2WD and fit Vitara parts.
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Robin O'Reliant
I like it.

Some cars are so ugly they look beautiful, like the Fiat people carrier whose name escapes me the X90 crosses that threshold where water turns into wine.
>> I like it.
>>
>> Some cars are so ugly they look beautiful, like the Fiat people carrier whose name
>> escapes me the X90 crosses that threshold where water turns into wine.

The Multipla. Strangely the facelift made it worse.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Multipla
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Bromptonaut
>> The Multipla. Strangely the facelift made it worse.
>>
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Multipla

I rather liked the original after seeing one arrive on a French campsite and disgorge a family of 6 and tent the size of Wales. By the time I needed to replace my then current Berlingo the Multipla had been face-lifted or possibly deleted from UK range.
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - zippy
>> >> The Multipla. Strangely the facelift made it worse.
>> >>
>> >> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Multipla
>>
>> I rather liked the original after seeing one arrive on a French campsite and disgorge
>> a family of 6 and tent the size of Wales. By the time I needed
>> to replace my then current Berlingo the Multipla had been face-lifted or possibly deleted from
>> UK range.
>>

When the kids were much younger we were looking for an MPV and the kids loved this because they thought the 3 seats at the front meant they could both sit up front and they called them a "Hippo Car", because the little lights looked like hippopotamus eyes!

In the end we got a boring Touran!
>> sit up front and they called them a "Hippo Car", because the little lights looked
>> like hippopotamus eyes!

Character, thats the missing link, some cars are so ugly they get endowed with character, which makes the strange looks acceptable. The multipla Mk1 had bags of it, the facelift none of it and being the same basic shape it instantly crossed the threshold to ugly.

The x-90 has never had character, so has never climbed out of the ugly swamp.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 25 Jan 20 at 15:56

>> In the end we got a boring Touran!

Ah the Touran, one of VW's first cars to embrace full canbus, so mine exhibited some of the weirdest electrical faults going, Generally the most unreliable car I have ever has since the Austin Maestro in 1983.
>>
>> >> In the end we got a boring Touran!
>>
>> Ah the Touran, one of VW's first cars to embrace full canbus, so mine exhibited
>> some of the weirdest electrical faults going, Generally the most unreliable car I have ever
>> has since the Austin Maestro in 1983.
>>

Were you TourVanMan?

We got ours new in 2005 with a good discount. 1.9TDI and kept it until 2016. I thought it well designed car inside.

Mrs Zippy drove it exclusively (save for a couple of motorway journeys to drop the sprog off at Uni).

She drove it like a rally driver and it terrified me! And for being such a big car, she was able to park it without any trouble (and no parking sensors).

We had a number of rear lights go which was more annoying than expensive then the ABS pump went in 2013 (ish), other than that it was OK.
Last edited by: zippy on Sat 25 Jan 20 at 16:15
>>Touran…

We paid £13,000 cash in 2005. Today a similar model is £31,000 or £24,000 with discounts

I was earning less than half what I earn now and had two young kids and we could easily afford the car in 2005, I could still do the same but feel it would hurt a lot more - its price seems to have outstripped inflation?

>> Were you TourVanMan?

I was, I got the Touran after the infamous bus incident.
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Runfer D'Hills
Pretty brave actually. I'd have got something with a longer bonnet...
;-)
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - Rudedog
I've just being driving behind a RR Evoque convertible... now that's a weird car from the back, seems like no car is safe from having it's roof chopped to chase a sale or two.
 Suzuki X-90 - Now that’s ugly - henry k
>> I've just being driving behind a RR Evoque convertible... now that's a weird car from the back, >>seems like no car is safe from having it's roof chopped to chase a sale or two.
>>
Mini Coupe looks like it has been sat on.
That's two uglies .
>> I've just being driving behind a RR Evoque convertible... now that's a weird car from
>> the back, seems like no car is safe from having it's roof chopped to chase
>> a sale or two.

If you want ugly, the new Discovery from the B post back is a real paper bag job. The designer bitches and whines about people putting the wrong size number plate on it, but its just like putting lipstick on a pig, Its a shocker - cutting anything off that can only be an improvement.
Latest Forum Posts