Motoring Discussion > BMW - New BMW logo Miscellaneous
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 8

BMW - New BMW logo - car4play
Anyone else think it’s a terrible design?

www.bmwblog.com/2020/03/03/bmw-gets-new-logo-and-new-brand-identity/
 BMW - New BMW logo - Zero
Its a bit "flat" has no depth or "pop"
 BMW - New BMW logo - Manatee
>> Its a bit "flat" has no depth or "pop"

That seems to be the point, but as to why...it's just looks diluted to me.

The kidney grille hasn't been kidney-shaped since before Bangle. I understand it has now been renamed after another part of the human anatomy.

pbs.twimg.com/media/EIg9_mOUwAU-_26?format=jpg&name=small

I'm not especially reactionary, I liked the Bangle designs from the off, but I think they've lost the plot a bit. I suppose it's hard being aspirational and ubiquitous at the same time.
 BMW - New BMW logo - Zero

>> I'm not especially reactionary, I liked the Bangle designs from the off, but I think
>> they've lost the plot a bit. I suppose it's hard being aspirational and ubiquitous at
>> the same time.

I dislked the bangle designs, but as they aged they now look pretty smart. As for losing the plot they seems to be going crazy with the grill, and very angular creased sharp backs on the new 3 series.

I may be biased, (OK I AM) but my G31looks pretty smart, classically BMW, fantastic silhouette in tourer form.

The 7 series is starting to look quite horrid.
 BMW - New BMW logo - No FM2R
I quite like it.

And it almost immediately makes the previous one look old fashioned and clunky, which I guess is the point.
 BMW - New BMW logo - car4play
I'm curious what they do with the transparent background behind the white outer circle, if the logo is on a white background.
 BMW - New BMW logo - BiggerBadderDave
"I'm curious what they do with the transparent background behind the white outer circle, if the logo is on a white background."

There'll be an inch-think corporate brochure about all that stuff. There'll be different versions for different backgrounds, size, shape, how far from the trims or the margins, will it show up on a fax or a photocopier, corporate fonts, mastheads, blah blah blah. They might send you all their vector files depending on who you are and what you're doing with them. They're very precious.
 BMW - New BMW logo - Netsur
Reading the blurb, I though to check the date. But no, it's not April 1st.
 BMW - New BMW logo - sherlock47
Am I glad that I read the link from the original post, and the comments that followed. I had never heard of Skeuomorphism and now feel re-educated. Thanks to the individual who describes himself as 'a branding and identity mechanic' and believes that flat design was invented way before 2013:)

For those who are too lazy to Google,
"is a term most often used in graphical user interface design to describe interface objects that mimic their real-world counterparts in how they appear and/or how the user can interact with them. A well-known example is the recycle bin icon used for discarding files."
Latest Forum Posts