Motoring Discussion > Nissan Qashqai - Unusual wheel balance issue resolved Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave_ Replies: 0

Nissan Qashqai - Unusual wheel balance issue resolved - Dave_
We bought a 2011 Qashqai from a relative a couple of months ago, partly to help them out and partly because it was priced at 25% below market rate. It's had a very slight wobble at the steering wheel from 70mph upwards; not enough to warrant urgent remedial action but enough to discourage longer motorway journeys until it was sorted.

Fast forward to the current situation. It hasn't been further than Tesco across town for four weeks. Yesterday I spent the whole day giving the car the clean of its life. Part of the treatment involved removing each road wheel in turn, and using several products to bring it back to as-new condition.

One of the front wheels had a hardened, good-sized blob of what appeared to be chewing gum stuck to the inside of the rim behind one of the spokes. Probably 10g in weight. I chiselled it off and carried on with the cleaning.

After a quick* run up the bypass to dry the nooks and crannies it appears I've solved the wheel wobble, it now runs like a sewing machine at all speeds.

*see Bobby's recent post "I was a bad boy today". That quick.

Last edited by: Dave_ on Sun 19 Apr 20 at 22:22
Latest Forum Posts