Motoring Discussion > Family Car Recommendations Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 18

Family Car Recommendations - maltrap
My daughter in law is about to have our third grandchild The other two are seven & four.
Can anyone suggest/recommend a vehicle that will take 3 child seats buggy etc. Also perhaps ones to avoid. Thanks in anticipation
 Family Car Recommendations - CGNorwich
VW Touran would fit the bill nicely. ISO fittings for all three rear seats. Plenty of space. Nice to drive.
 Family Car Recommendations - Runfer D'Hills
Galaxys are much nicer to drive and live with than their appearance might suggest. And, you can get good ones at more or less any budget.
 Family Car Recommendations - Bromptonaut
Berlingo or one of its badge mates?
 Family Car Recommendations - sooty123
What sort of budget, anything they like /really want in a car? Anything they want to avoid?
 Family Car Recommendations - tyrednemotional
>> Anything they want to avoid?
>>

......a fourth child...... :-s
 Family Car Recommendations - Zero
VW Touran or Skoda Kodiak
 Family Car Recommendations - Haywain
....... and don't buy a VAG car with the 1.5tsi engne until you get the go-ahead from me!
 Family Car Recommendations - Dog
Seat Alhambra.
 Family Car Recommendations - devonite
Octavia/ superb estate, 5 seats, huuuuuge rear -end swallow everthing you could possibly need!
The Octavia doesn’t have 3 isofix fittings in the back so the Superb would be needed. Personally with 3 children to lift in an out I would go for a taller design to save my back.
 Family Car Recommendations - Bobby
would assume a 7 and 4 year old can get into a car themselves!
Probably but there is the new baby to think of and fixing and removing seats is a bit of a chore as you soon find out. I think the higher seating position and view is preferred by children as well as a lot of drivers. Just things to take into account: there is no “ideal” car.
 Family Car Recommendations - legacylad
Last month I rented a Ford Galaxy from Enterprise at Newcastle airport with two friends. It was a one way rental ( spanish repatriation flight) and I returned it the following day to LeedsBradford. We had lots of gear...2 hard shell bike bags, XL suitcases for extended period overseas and we had plenty of room to spare. Despite its large external dimensions, it felt and handled like a much smaller vehicle. Looked a million dollars in dark metallic grey and must have been a top spec as it had heated leather chairs ( more wipeable for children) pano roof, reversing camera, good stereo and a great view out. Possibly Titanium X spec with 190 Diesel engine, manual box.
I’m not sure if the Diesel engine would be suitable for daily stop start short journeys, but if the growing family go on camping holidays and need lots of interior space then it’s a good option. I enjoyed driving it. £25k for a 2019 plate at Motorpoint, which is much cheaper than I thought.
 Family Car Recommendations - Avant
Yes, I'd go with the Galaxy too, or the SEAT Alhambra. As your family will know only too well, a baby travels with an amount of kit out of all proportion to its size.

If the 7-y-o wants to, (s)he can go in the third row of seats to get away from the other two, still leaving room for the buggy etc.

There are some good petrol options if their mileage is low and mainly around town.
 Family Car Recommendations - Boxsterboy
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso/Spacetourer.
 Family Car Recommendations - MD
Galaxy. We often travel in one for Aeroport or dock runs. Best car I've ever been a passenger in.
 Family Car Recommendations - Netsur
If the Galaxy is too big, look at the S-max.
 Family Car Recommendations - neiltoo
In April 2016 a party of ten of us went to Segovia and Madrid for five nights.
Hired two cars from Alamo, via Doyouspain - airport to central Madrid.
we ardered two estate cars, and got two brand new Seat Alhambras.

First class vehicles. Each took five good sized adults, and five cases and carry ons.

Tirst time I had experienced keyless ignition, and it took me a day and a half to work out why it was always unlocked when I got back to it!

Thoroughly recommended.

8o)
Last edited by: neiltoo on Fri 1 May 20 at 13:51
Latest Forum Posts