Motoring Discussion > CarWow Youtube Videos Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 7

CarWow Youtube Videos - Duncan
During this long lockdown, with Winter on its way and the mornings getting darker, I have had to be a little more inventive with finding ways to fill my time.

I have done the "Cruising the Cut" videos. Why the presenter hasn't gone mad I don't know - because I have.

www.youtube.com/channel/UC6SNxiLzSlh8e0yjndE9o_A

I have now got into watching Carwow Youtube videos. I warn you, the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY-M4G3jf94

This is a video about the 15 most reliable cars. The presenter is Mark? Matt? Jake? Watson. Any road, he is very irritating - with knobs on. Would anyone like to join me in waiting for him in a dark alley? You will have to be quick - the waiting list is almost full. (JOKE)

"These are the 15 most reliable cars". "I can't for commercial reasons tell you which are the most reliable cars". "These are the most reliable cars".

He does lots of others, some are interesting, some are dreadful.

I am not sure whom I hate the most - The Cruising The Cut bloke, or the CarWow bloke, they are both just behind Piers Morgan. Correction, they are a long way behind Piers Morgan. he wins in a canter.
 CarWow Youtube Videos - Zero
I quite like them both, one is laid back and laconic, the other is enthusiastic and interesting

Clearly you need some more time with project farm man to reset your expectations.

Here you go

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGbMQul6_Bc

For good car fixing stuff, you need to see Eric O (I didnt build it,. I didnt buy it, I didnt break it I only fixed it) at the South Main Auto Channel.

For electronic weirdness you need to go to BigClive, or for a complete nutter www.youtube.com/user/Photonvids/videos

I like techmoan, and the crazy Finn at hydraulic press channel and Beyond the press channel;.

CarWow Youtube Videos - Duncan
I haven't looked at Techmoan for a while. I thought he was giving up?
 CarWow Youtube Videos - Maisie's Dad
The Autoexpert guy here in Australia is an acquired taste...

youtu.be/yq-sGQdzYGU
 CarWow Youtube Videos - Netsur
2stroke turbo likes his small 1970 Subarus.

The Car Wizard is a more sensible version of Scotty Kilmer. He mixes with WatchJRGo and Hoovies Garage which are quite American but not annoying.

I did subscribe to the Goonzquad but soon bored of them. Those of you with older Mercs will enjoy Mercedesource from Washington state.

Harry's Garage and its spin off Iaintyrell (formerly Cheshire Calssic Cars) are entertaining in a sensible way. I thought Harry's Garage would be a bit 'I've got lots of money' - which he has - but in a sensitive way. I like the way he decided to sell his Zonda for a Countach as it gave him 95% of the enjoyment of 10% of the running costs.

And I do all this whilst working....
 CarWow Youtube Videos - Crankcase
For something a bit more left field but highly watchable on Youtube, try Colin Furze. He's, shall we say, irrepressible, or perhaps a bit annoying, according to taste, but knows how to make stuff, no doubt.

Try the screw tank or hoverbike, perhaps.

m.youtube.com/user/colinfurze/videos
Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 24 Jun 20 at 11:36
 CarWow Youtube Videos - Zero
>> I haven't looked at Techmoan for a while. I thought he was giving up?

Nope still about.

And of course we have rich rebuilds, Hoovie, sam crack, and hubnut. I want to slap hubnut, the only bloke who can climb into a car, that we all know is crap, and say its a good car. And if he says "triangle of doom" one more time he is going to need his inva car, permanently.
 CarWow Youtube Videos - Netsur
I want to slap hubnut, the only bloke who can climb into a car, that we all know is crap, and say its a good car. And if he says "triangle of doom" one more time he is going to need his inva car, permanently.

> >>

Noooo! Hubnut is a marvel of British crapness. He just has a different perspective. He can see that a car for most people is simply transport so they don't care if it handles well, or accelerates like a train, they want wipers that don't create a 'triangle of doom' and they drive around in cars that always need something doing....

Latest Forum Posts