Motoring Discussion > DVLA in Trouble? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 6

DVLA in Trouble? - Bromptonaut
DVLA in the news regarding workplace outbreak of COVID:

www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/23/minister-faces-fury-over-mass-covid-outbreak-at-top-government-agency?
 DVLA in Trouble? - sooty123
Bit of a hysterical headline, 'minister faces fury' 'top government agency'. They employing headline writers from the Daily Mail?

'by far the most infections linked to a single employer in a local area.' IT issues aside, I would imagine related to being the biggest single employer in the area.

Btw, wouldn't this be better in the CV thread?
 DVLA in Trouble? - commerdriver
Loos like vary questionable management practices. The location, especially the hq building are very old style offices, don't expect it has changed much since I spent a couple of years there about 10 years ago, it is, as the employee said,right at the top of the hill with very little parking, lots of use of public transport and lots of limitations on space inside.
Add in large volumes of work which cannot be done remotely and you have a problem. What has happened to the unions there? It used to be, as you would expect, very strongly unionised, although as a contractor we were not part of that.

BTW Is this really a motoring issue?
 DVLA in Trouble? - Bromptonaut
>> BTW Is this really a motoring issue?

Posted in motoring because it's likely to impact on licensing etc but if the mods want to move it I'm easy with that.
 DVLA in Trouble? - R.P.
It's ok in here - CV impacts on almost everything we do these days - don't ask me about how it impacts on moving house ! :-)
 DVLA in Trouble? - sooty123
Seems to be going as normal if around here is anything to go by, we've had two removals this week in the houses on the next street.
 DVLA in Trouble? - No FM2R
If one searches for "covid fines Swansea" it does rather make you wonder how, with all the apparent reckless gathering and offending, the DVLA managed to recruit only innocent little Princesses who abide by every regulation going.
Latest Forum Posts