Motoring Discussion > We Buy Any Car Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

We Buy Any Car - legacylad
My pal in the trade is looking out for a cheap fun runaround until I can find a long term keeper ( car not wife) but last night I was looking, and reconsidering, my options.
Back in the day I had a Mk1 Gti, a 1.6 with 105 horses, and idle curiosity meant I revisited that model after several decades.
It appears the Mk7 2017 facelift got the thumbs up. A quick look online...amazingly good residuals so no 3 year old bargains to be had there.
I used WBAC to get a valuation on one such, admittedly WBAC always offer a rock bottom price I think. £16k was their offer.
The main dealer had it advertised at £22,438 for a September 2017 2.0 245 5 door with 28k miles.
 We Buy Any Car - Mapmaker
>>admittedly WBAC always offer a rock bottom price I think.

Colleague advertised his well-used (School/Scouts) minibus on Autotrader for weeks at 1.5k. Eventually he found somebody who offered him £900 (sight unseen) which he was minded to accept. I checked on WBAC which offered £2.5k and he took their cash the following day. Not suggesting this is a frequent occurrence, but WBAC looked very generous indeed.

Offering my old car for part ex, dealer had both Glass's and WBAC results up on his computer.
 We Buy Any Car - CGNorwich
I have found Evasn Halshaw consistently offer a better price thatn WBAC. Have sold two vehicle to them. They give more than most trade in offers and offer less hassle than private buyers.

www.evanshalshaw.com/sell-your-car/
 We Buy Any Car - smokie
Wooo EH offered "up to £5.5k" for my car, a 15 reg Ampera with 55k miles.

The very cheapest on Autotrader is a 12 reg with 110 miles at £6.5k. The closest to mine in age and mileage is £1190 and marked as Deposit Taken, so that must be a reasonably price.

I don't think Evans Halshaw will be getting my business when the time comes!!!

Nor will WBAC at £7000.

We Buy Any Car - Zero
I think you have zero problems with your pc
 We Buy Any Car - smokie
Oooo yes, thanks Zero for pointing out my zero probs. Maybe the keyboard battery getting low. (That's my excuse anyway!)

Here it is again, checked!

Wooo EH offered "up to £5.5k" for my car, a 15 reg Ampera with 55k miles.

The very cheapest on Autotrader is a 12 reg with 110k miles at £6.5k. The closest to mine in age and mileage is £11900 and marked as Deposit Taken, so that must be a reasonable price.

I don't think Evans Halshaw will be getting my business when the time comes!!!

Nor will WBAC at £7000.
Latest Forum Posts