Motoring Discussion > Ford Fiesta - 140mph Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 17

Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-merseyside-51286553

I assume it has to be a Fiesta RS, and Dr No(FMR) said they were not fun.

Ford Fiesta - 140mph - No FM2R
I think I said that I wouldn't want to live with one, not that they weren't fun in small doses. Not totally unlike yourself.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Lygonos
Fiesta ST isn't it? 200bhp before the mandatory remap.

Thought the RS had a useless spoiler on the back.

(unless this is a reference to the old XR2i-era RS Turbo)
Last edited by: Lygonos on Wed 7 Apr 21 at 17:51
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - legacylad
Did I mention that a pal has just bought, because his wife liked it, a 500 Abarth Riva 695 with 180 horses. I had a run out in it. Crazy torque steer, noisy, kart like rock hard suspension.
Not my cup of Darjeeling. Or his I fear. But wifey likes it.
>> Did I mention that a pal has just bought, because his wife liked it, a
>> 500 Abarth Riva 695 with 180 horses. I had a run out in it. Crazy
>> torque steer, noisy, kart like rock hard suspension.
>> Not my cup of Darjeeling. Or his I fear. But wifey likes it.

I hired a sporty 500 in Sicily and drove across the island. I had always lusted after them in every way, but it was an uncomfortable bag of merda. Such a disappointment, nearly on the mary rose level of anti climax.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 8 Apr 21 at 08:46
>> Fiesta ST isn't it? 200bhp before the mandatory remap.

My bad, I dont keep up with fast ford nomenclature because, well to put it bluntly, they cant keep up with me.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Pezzer
My son has just bought himself one of the newer ones, just over a year old. It is a 1.5l 3 cylinder engine and it really is an impressive piece of kit.
Clearly it revs very nicely but surprisingly (to me) it also pulls very well at low revs without having to change gear. The steering is a bit skittish for my tastes especially in Sports mode but it hangs on round corners beautifully and is very capable on motorways too. All mod cons - nice screen with phone integration etc.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - DP
The current Fiesta ST is a cracking car that's basically sat in a class of its own for a while, although the i20N has just launched to some rave reviews.

I drove an ST and would have bought one there and then if I could have lived with a car that small. Sadly with two teenage kids and two dogs, it wasn't going to work.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Runfer D'Hills
That is the irony with cars isn't it? By the time you can afford to buy and insure the sort of car you always wanted, it's no longer the sort of car you need.
So true. Although one benefit of ever increasing car dimensions is that a C-segment hot hatch now makes for a pretty useable family car. Something like a Focus or Astra in 2020 is no smaller inside than a Sierra or Cavalier from the 80s.
Pretty much my own opinion too, although I'm quite interested in the Puma ST and intend to wander into a dealer to explore it a little more.
>> Pretty much my own opinion too, although I'm quite interested in the Puma ST and
>> intend to wander into a dealer to explore it a little more.
>>
Should that transpire, be prepared for endless ribbing from certain quarters about ‘sitty uppy girly’ wheels.
At least my Barbiemobile had double the amount of cylinders...

Seriously though, I monitored the Ford UK website ticking the easy to use car finder, applying various filters and bought my 1.5 Focus Active Estate from a Ford Direct dealer at Coalville. 13 months old, 8k miles and a five figure plus saving on RRP ( although no one pays RRP)

FWIW I think the Puma is a nice looking car.
Plenty of pretty senoritas driving them in Spain.
Yes that is probably true, like you I am trying to find something to replace my current 6 cylinder chariot. I love the engine but want something a little more practical IE a hatchback. I have been tracking a m135i/140i for somewhile but prices for them (and everything else) seem to be increasing.
Focus ST estate? I’d have bought one but would probably have ripped the sump out on unmade Spanish mountain tracks. The new M135 isn’t what it was according to an owner I know. Pretty obvious really when the straight six was dumped
Ref the Focus I keep looking at them but there is something that I just cant put my finger on that doesnt draw me to it - perhaps a test drive would help.
Not interested in the 'new' M135 but rather the previous generation with the straight six.
>> The new M135 isn’t what it was according to an
>> owner I know. Pretty obvious really when the straight six was dumped

I can't imagine many RWD M135i/M140i owners "upgrading". It's a completely different driving experience, although arguably considerably faster on anything other than a bone dry, smooth road. I still have no idea why you'd choose one over a Golf R or an Audi S3 though.

I did like my M140i. Not perfect, but lovely engine, silly performance, and remarkably cheap to run as well.

Last edited by: DP on Wed 28 Apr 21 at 12:02
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Bobby
Saw some tweets the other day, think it was from one of the Franchitti brothers maybe.
Along the lines on the Gokf R or Audi RS3? Fantastic cars but their set up just unsuitable for typical British potholed roads.
Doesn’t seem to stop the Police Interceptors or is it Traffic Cops from using the Golf R as unmarked cars.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - bathtub tom
>> Doesn’t seem to stop the Police Interceptors or is it Traffic Cops from using the
>> Golf R as unmarked cars.

They're experienced drivers and the cars aren't theirs. The cars probably get replaced frequently.
Latest Forum Posts