Motoring Discussion > Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald Auctions
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 5

Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald - VxFan

A 1970 Triumph Herald 13/60 that featured in the much-loved Yorkshire television production Last of the Summer Wine is to be sold at auction next month.

The red Triumph Herald convertible, which was one of three similar models used in the long-running show, has an estimate of £10,000-15,000 plus buyer's premium.

www.tennants.co.uk/discover/news-insights/last-of-the-summer-wine-triumph-herald/
 Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald - BiggerBadderDave
There isn't a stairlift in that car is there?
 Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald - Dog
My first car, cost me £30 and I had to spend another 30 quid to have the chassis welded.

948cc, twin SU carbs, white hood, which I had recovered in black by The Car Hood Company.

I learnt a lot from that old banger - fiddling about with the carbs, tappets, and the Lucas 65D distributor.
 Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald - R.P.
Met up with a friend today for a meal - he has a 1982 TR7 convertible...cost much less than that, I''d much prefer that.
 Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald - Pezzer
This is exactly like my first car! The rear ends were so light that you soon learned about opposite lock, especially in the wet. Rot underneath did for it pretty quickly but seeing this brings back many happy memories of being 17.
 Last of the Summer Wine - Triumph Herald - bathtub tom
>>The rear ends were so light that you
>> soon learned about opposite lock, especially in the wet.

I don't think it had anything to do with a light rear end, but everything to do with swing axles. You never, ever lifted off going round a corner. If you did, the outside wheel would tuck under and throw you off the road.
Latest Forum Posts