Motoring Discussion > Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 16

Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - R.P.
You may remember I owned one for a couple of years. The memory of the awesome engine (linked to a crap gearbox !) and the sheer performance of the beast made me wonder whether it was still around. I checked the .gov site and there's no trace of AK 13 DDU ! I checked the number against a photo and it is right ! How does that happen ?
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - Bobby
Now on a private reg?
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - Bromptonaut
>> Now on a private reg?

That looks plausible. Our Berlingo carries a personal reg originally issue to Mrs B's mother in 1950 on a motorbike she got for her 21st and with 21 in the reg. There's no trace of its 'native' reg of KY63 FLR.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - sooty123
Written off in an accident?
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - R.P.
If written off it should appear on the DVLA site as many of my long dead motors do...very odd. Maybe private plate - awesome motor.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - sooty123
Neither of my last two cars are 'details could not be found'. I'm not sure either were written off, perhaps they delete them if they are scrapped for whatever reason.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - PeterS
Possible exported? Way back when I had a Merc estate company car - RE04UFZ - that disappeared off the face of the earth after I handed it back. I assumed a private plate, but someone told me that it had gone to the ROI, though how they knew that I can’t recall.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - Robin O'Reliant
Mrs O'Reliants old Corsa (Two cars back) comes up as no trace. It definitely won't be on a private number as the engine was knackered (The tip broke off a spark plug and caused havoc before being ejected) and the cabin had such a bad leak the car had to be baled out after a nights rain.

It was a 51 reg so not worth repairing though I did see it on the road a couple of times afterwards.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - legacylad
Reminds me of a reg I regularly saw around Settle, FEK 1T. Not seen it for a while.

Friends of mine in the pet accessory manufacturing business had K9 BED on one of their vans.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - Falkirk Bairn
Local Butcher - M1NCE
Checked a couple of old cars of by own, a cream BX D128 KKR owned from 89 to 93 and the estate that replaced it, H967 DNV. Neither actually shows as scrapped jut no tax or MOT with a tax due date for the latter of April 2005 - we left it with a scrappie exactly then.

Even a car of my Dads from 43 years ago, a Ford Granada AWT 867S, has a no tax/MoT record though it shows as black whereas originally it was 'signal yellow'.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - martin aston
RP’s Volvo comes up on Autotrader pricing tool. I assume they use the govt data but in a form that only updates occasionally? If so it might disappear from there too.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - Terry
Is this the database which gets referenced when people are discussing the number of particular classic cars still around.

If so it seems completely flawed. How likely is it that a vehicle last taxed or MoT'd 15 years ago still exists - it probably entered the heavenly scrapyard more than a decade ago!
>> Is this the database which gets referenced when people are discussing the number of particular
>> classic cars still around.
>>
>> If so it seems completely flawed.

I'd assume that such a count would only be of those currently taxed, albeit at the nil rate for historic vehicles, or possibly SORN. If the number of Ford Granadas included the S reg example I quoted earlier there'd be thousands more than the few hundred the numbers say.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - Zero
Toodling round the IoW last two weeks, I happened upon, what appeared to be a very tidy example of a Lancia Fulvia, looked road worthy cant be many of those left.
 Volvo - 2013 V40 T5 Cross Country. - PeterS
MOT records only went on-line in 2005 I think, so unless a car was actively in use on that date I assume the basic data will exist, but no records of MOT, and therefore tax (as back then you needed an MOT to tax) will be on the database. Im not sure when the whole idea of SORN started; you used to be able to stop taxing a car and park it off road and leave it there…
>> MOT records only went on-line in 2005 I think

I think that's about the date it was computerised. I don't think there was any centralised record of the old paper/sealed certificates.

The 1978 Ford referenced upthread shows tax due in July 1990 and no results returned for MoT.
Latest Forum Posts