Motoring Discussion > Onto EV car hire Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 9

Onto EV car hire - Bobby
A previous YouTube video on here regarding the MG ended up with me watching some reviews, liking one channel and his latest video is about this mob.
on.to/electric-cars

Looks like it could be an idea if someone was serious about going down the EV route to hire the car, all inclusive, for a month to see how they cope with it.

Onto EV car hire - smokie
Seems an unnecessary expense really. It's only a car, and most are quite familiar with what they do already. :-)

In fact without the home charging capability (beyond the granny charger) it's going to feel more difficult than it would in real life anyway (for most).
 Onto EV car hire - sooty123
There's a place in MK that rents them out by the hour/day/week/month so you can have a play about and see if EVs are for you right now. Can't remember the name of it, it's in the MKone shopping centre.
 Onto EV car hire - VxFan
This one?

evexperiencecentre.co.uk/
 Onto EV car hire - sooty123
Aye that was it, I thought it was a good idea and pretty cheap to get a drive in an EVs as most people won't have one or be able to borrow one.
 Onto EV car hire - Terry
Try before you buy is a sound idea. Most of us don't have experience of an EV - either driving or the realities of ownership - range, performance, recharging etc.

Far better to rent for a month for (say) £750 than spend (say) £30k on something you quickly realise is not fit for your purpose.

It is odd that many will part with £10-40k for a car, never having visited a showroom, relying only on road tests. The same approach for an entirely novel technology is bizarre.

For EV manufacturers it may even be a marketing ploy - rent car at a basic price for a month, if it leads to a sale discount the car by the rental paid.
 Onto EV car hire - bathtub tom
>> This one?
>> evexperiencecentre.co.uk/

Have you seen their hire rates? Seems a very cheap way to hire a car.
 Onto EV car hire - Mr Moo
Perhaps they’re very confident in the residual value for their EVs?
 Onto EV car hire - smokie
I've said before here somewhere that I think there will be a strong 2nd hand market for EVs over the next few years so that fits with my theory.

The PHEV I just sold only lost me £1500 over 4 years. I did, however, get it at a very keen price at the auctions.
 Onto EV car hire - VxFan
>> Have you seen their hire rates?

Very little charge?
Latest Forum Posts