Motoring Discussion > Spoilsports Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 12

Spoilsports - smokie
I didn't realise you could still play games, access playlists or take photos using your phone while driving.

Well, until next year you can.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59339961
 Spoilsports - zippy
If you did, you could be assured of driving without due care and attention until the new law comes in to force.
 Spoilsports - Zero
Not banned sat nav apps tho have they, still the ole bill can tell what you are using, it will be easy to enforce.
 Spoilsports - MD
And what about the 'adult' children 8 wheel tipper drivers..Behaving as usual like spoilt children and always on the CB radio. Plod do sweet FA.
 Spoilsports - Robin O'Reliant
>> And what about the 'adult' children 8 wheel tipper drivers..Behaving as usual like spoilt children and always on the CB radio. Plod do sweet FA.
>>

There's sweet FA plod can do, it is perfectly lawful to use a radio mike while driving.
 Spoilsports - MD
>> There's sweet FA plod can do, it is perfectly lawful to use a radio mike
>> while driving.
>>
I think you'll find that Driving without Due care and attention would cover it.
 Spoilsports - Bromptonaut
>> I think you'll find that Driving without Due care and attention would cover it.

Or not being in full control.
 Spoilsports - Zero
As its not an offence to use a hand mic for a two way radio, even under the new regs, plod would need to prove by your driving actions you were committing an offence.

Spoilsports - smokie
... or be "seen" by more than one of them, that's how they did me for speeding on the M4 many years ago, didn't clock me but they said if I refused the ticket it's be my word against theirs, who did I think the court would believe?
 Spoilsports - Robin O'Reliant
>> As its not an offence to use a hand mic for a two way radio,
>> even under the new regs, plod would need to prove by your driving actions you
>> were committing an offence.
>>
>>
>>
Emergency service drivers use a two way radio as a matter of routine. No doubt this is the reason for the exemption, you could hardly ban them for everyone else because of that.
 Spoilsports - sooty123
I wonder how many people get down for an offence around using CB radios?
 Spoilsports - Zero
>> I wonder how many people get down for an offence around using CB radios?

What offence is there?
 Spoilsports - R.P.
Are they still a thing ?
Latest Forum Posts