Motoring Discussion > RR Evoque Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 11

RR Evoque - Bobby
www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8572768/three-cars-firebombed-horror-attack-airdrie/

Is a RR Evoque made from plastic??
Looking at the photo on the attached, basically looks like there is no body structure to it? No idea if it was a convertible version but doesn’t even seem to have any A pillars.
 RR Evoque - Lygonos
Aluminium melts at 660°C.

It doesnt last long in a "well developed" fire.
 RR Evoque - Manatee
Wow.

Pictured in the possibly aptly named Newbattle Avenue.

My project manager has a Disco Sport that seems to spend a lot of time at the dealers waiting for parts. He has been driving around in an Evoque with rose gold adornments this week.

RR Evoque - Duncan

>> My project manager has a Disco Sport that seems to spend a lot of time
>> at the dealers waiting for parts.
>>

Range Rover seems to have an apalling reputation for reliability.

Range Rover owners are incredibly loyal.

How do you account for that paradox?
 RR Evoque - carmalade
Evoque tailgate is made of plastic . A friend works at a JLR dealer and tells me these vehicles are being repaired as they are unloaded off the transporter , before they even get to the pdi dept .
 RR Evoque - Bobby
Ha ha that reminds me of the time my brother was project manager for some new machine switch. Contract stated it had to be sent to USA by x date or deal was off.
So it was sent on that date to USA to comply. As also were three engineers and their toolboxes to finish off the work on it when it landed in America!
 RR Evoque - Runfer D'Hills
>> How do you account for that paradox?

People are loyal to all manner of things despite strong evidence to suggest that they might want to review that.

Woeful football teams, errant spouses, broken political parties, unreliable car brands, preposterous, irrational and abuse ridden belief systems etc etc that can clearly be seen by others to have major flaws, can and do continue to enjoy inexplicable support.

Humans innit?

RR Evoque - Zero

>> Humans innit?

Yup, you might even stick with the same coach when they removed two of your horses.
Ah, but if the remaining horses are strong enough, then you have two fewer to feed.

Anyway, I’ll brook no advice from the likes of you on the subject of coaches…
;-)
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Thu 17 Mar 22 at 12:57
 RR Evoque - Bill Payer
>> Range Rover owners are incredibly loyal.
>>
>>
You do see a fair number of "never again" comments from JLR owners. But then someone will immediatley pop up who's had ten of them, done a million miles and never had an issue. Hmmm..
While it’s almost certainly not worth trying to argue that some JLR cars are not up to snuff, there is a strong tendency for those who feel aggrieved to make more noise than those who do not.

The power and speed of transfer of bad news is far greater than that of good.
 RR Evoque - Dave_
>> Range Rover seems to have an appalling reputation for reliability.

>> Range Rover owners are incredibly loyal.

It's all about the image and the dealer service. Plus the fact that the cars are rather good when they work. I enjoyed my 2 years working for a transport company towing with a Disco 4, then a Disco 5 - even though I have half a dozen photos of them being loaded onto different recovery trucks. The courtesy cars were alright too - we got whatever was laying around as long as it was fitted with a towbar. Usually a brand new full fat Range Rover or Discovery HSE Luxury.
Latest Forum Posts